2020 local and national grant recipients announced
Ferndale, WA, March 10, 2020 – Superfeet, a 100% employee-owned company, continues to build on its commitment to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Each year, the company donates 1% of sales and more than 1000 volunteer hours to non-profit organizations working tirelessly to make the world a better place.
In alignment with the company’s purpose to shape strong foundations, and their vision to bring out the awesome in everyone, it seemed a natural fit to announce this year’s Superfeet grant recipients today, March 10th, universally recognized as the official International Day of Awesomeness.
Superfeet is proud to partner with the following national 2020 grantees, all who exhibit awesomeness day in and day out by doing important work with far-reaching impact:
- Fisher House | Fisher House provides free temporary housing for military families with loved ones in medical care.
- The Conservation Alliance | The Conversation Alliance works to protect and restore wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational uses.
- Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra | This organization works to make the outdoors more accessible by offering year-round outdoor sports and activities to children and adults with disabilities.
- Our Hearts to Your Soles | Provides homeless individuals with free essential foot care, new socks and warm winter boots via a series of nationwide events.
- Medical Teams International | Medical Teams International provides life-saving medical care for communities in crisis around the globe.
- Camp Corral | Weeklong transformative summer camp experiences for children of wounded, injured, ill or fallen military heroes.
The company also looks to make an outsized impact close to home, awarding grants to organizations based in the Pacific Northwest, home to Superfeet headquarters for more than 40 years.
A complete list of the local grant recipients can be viewed here.
“We continue to pursue ways to ‘be the awesome we want to see in the world,’ whether that’s through partnerships with national organizations, financial support via local grants or by rolling up our sleeves to volunteer in the community,” says Linda Balfour, VP of Marketing for Superfeet Worldwide. “On this International Day of Awesomeness, we’re proud to announce our commitments to these awesome organizations.”
The Superfeet corporate giving program supports organizations that do work in at least one of four categories, all of them essential tools for a strong foundation:
- Basic needs
- Protecting the environment
- Self-confidence and pride through activity
To learn more about how Superfeet purchases make a difference in locations near and far, visit the Superfeet giving page. Tune in for updates on our celebration of International Day of Awesomeness on Instagram and Facebook: @Superfeet.
About Superfeet: For more than 40 years, Pacific Northwest-based Superfeet has been creating innovative products featuring the Superfeet® shape, helping millions of people worldwide experience unparalleled comfort, pain relief and performance. Today, through Fitstation and the latest advancements in 3D-printing technology, Superfeet is taking insoles and footwear from mass-produced products to personalized, made-for-you solutions. A 100% employee-owned company, Superfeet gives 1% of sales and countless volunteer hours to help others shape a strong foundation for a healthy future. For more, visit superfeet.com.