FitFlop reported it entered a partnership with new distributors to fuel global growth, focused on Canada, Spain, Eastern Europe, the Baltic states, and Vietnam. The partnership will enable FitFlop to expand into new markets and elevate “the level of service provided to its retail partners by having a local presence.”
“FitFlop has launched its journey of growth, and we have set ourselves an ambitious commercial plan for the years ahead,” said David Schüttenkopf, chief commercial officer of FitFlop, pictured right. “This strategic plan touches on all channels and global regions. We are accelerating our direct-to-consumer business, fast-tracking our wholesale proposition and have identified our key strategic markets throughout the distributor channel. At the same time, we have reviewed our brand presence with important markets still representing white space for FitFlop. We are therefore very excited to announce that we have entered new strategic partnerships with true market leaders and lifestyle experts across the globe.”
- In Canada, FitFlop partnered with Slavin+Raphael, based in Toronto, to develop the brand in the country and elevate its local service levels.
- Albion 1897, a new distributor for Spain, will provide the company with a dedicated focus on lifestyle distribution.
- ORBICO joined the FitFlop distributor network to cover key markets across Eastern Europe.
- The Fais Group was hired as the exclusive distributor for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, and Romania.
- Baltic Street Distribution will introduce the FitFlop brand to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, and Georgia.
- Central Retail will expand its Thailand business to include Vietnam.
The new additions to FitFlop’s distribution network are part of the company’s global retail expansion plan, including “an aggressive rollout” in India with its partner Metro Brand.
The news of the new distributors and the India rollout follows FitFlop’s recently-secured new five-year $30 million revolving credit facility from the independent lender Aurelius Finance Company (AFC) to support its long-term growth initiatives. See the full credit revolver article reported by SGB here.
FitFlop said it has a presence in 73 countries, with over 5,000 doors and more than 2,000 retailers, 31 distributors and 133 FitFlop concept stores across the U.S., UK, Europe, Middle East, India, and the APAC region.
Photo courtesy FitFlop