WISE (Woman in Sports and Events), a resource for professional women in the sports business, named its nominees for the 2017 WISE Woman of the Year Award.
The award will be presented to three women at the 23rd Annual WISE Women of the Year Awards Luncheon on June 22, 2017 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City.
The following women were nominated by members of WISE for their accomplishments and contributions to the business of sports:
- Doris Burke – Basketball Analyst and Reporter, ESPN – College basketball standout turned trailblazing commentator
- Kerry Chandler – Chief Human Resources Officer, Under Armour – Game-changer impacting sports through people and culture
- Buffy Filippell – Founder, TeamWork Online – Recruiting force in the industry of sports and live events
- Jill Gregory – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, NASCAR – Veteran marketing strategist elevating brand conversation
- Maidie Oliveau – Counsel, Arent Fox – International arbitrator and leading sports attorney
- Patti Phillips – Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) – Champion of girls’ and women’s development through sport
- Janet Marie Smith – Senior Vice President of Planning and Development, Los Angeles Dodgers – Renowned architect inspiring tradition in ballpark construction
- Amy Trask – NFL Analyst, CBS Sports Network – Barrier-breaker in the front office and in front of the camera
- Ann Wool – Partner, Ketchum and President, KSE – Innovator driving business and strategy on the global stage
The final ballot has been issued to all WISE members for a national vote, which closes at 10 p.m. EST on December 23, 2016.