Skullcandy Inc. announced an unprecedented multi-platform alliance with The Berrics, a world-renowned indoor skate park and the most trafficked website in skateboarding. The Berrics is owned by pro skateboarders Steve Berra and Eric Koston and combines a private skate park with a web site that contains proprietary footage and content from the park. The site's daily posts feature the best professionals and amateurs in skateboarding.
The partnership will help deliver the new Skullcandy Supreme Sound message around the world, via the integration of products and branding on theberrics.com as well as in the new Berrics skate park and offices, which are slated to open later this year.
“Eric and I have spent the past five years developing a new paradigm for media in the skateboarding industry,” said Steve Berra. “This partnership with Skullcandy, especially with their renewed focus on skateboarding, enables us to collaborate on special content and make exclusive product for our employees as well as all the different types of skateboarders that step foot into the Berrics. We've been looking for a partner like this for quite some time, and Skullcandy is the ideal brand for this new type of innovative partnership.”
The partnership kicked off earlier this year with a daily Skullcandy segment on the website called, “31 Days of Theotis,” which featured Skullcandy team rider Theotis Beasley. Highlights of the partnership include:
- Skullcandy branding, banners and video pre-rolls throughout the The Berrics website.
- Skullcandy branding and product integration in original Berrics content
- A Skullcandy gaming zone located at The Berrics park for skateboarders and staff.
- A state-of-the-art Skullcandy recording studio located on-site at The Berrics park.
- Supreme Sound audio equipment for the new Berrics park and offices.
- Exclusive custom Skullcandy product for Berrics properties such as the Battle at the Berrics, etc.
- Custom Skullcandy product for The Berrics staff.
- Graphics for Skullcandy apparel, accessories, and headphones created by The Berrics design staff.
“Skateboarding is one of our core target focus areas in the coming years,” said Nate Morley, Skullcandy VP global marketing & creative. “While skateboarding has always been a part of the Skullcandy brand through sponsored athletes and events, our goal is to make Skullcandy the most relevant performance lifestyle audio brand in the minds of the skateboarding community. Our partnership with The Berrics will be a key piece of this strategy because of its unique level of integration, collaboration, content creation and global reach.”