Pinarello U.S. announced its Scuderia Pinarello, a team of U.S. brand ambassadors who collectively represent a broad spectrum of committed cyclists.
The Scuderia Pinarello, which means stable or team in Italian, includes eight athletes, ranging from an Olympic medalist to a gravel-racing champion, a big-wave surfer, and a community cycling advocate.
“Our mission with the Scuderia is to welcome all people to discover their potential on a bike,” said Kim Rogers, senior marketing manager, Pinarello. “We very intentionally selected a team of ambassadors who represent a wide swath of the cycling spectrum and who are committed to helping motivate others to tap into the power of riding bikes.”
Scuderia members will collaborate with Pinarello on inspiring stories and experiences to increase accessibility to cycling for all demographics and experience levels. They will represent the Scuderia at Unbound Gravel, Transrockies Gravel Royale and The Last Best Ride. Pinarello will also support each ambassador’s personal goals, projects and organizations to benefit their local cycling communities.
The 2021 Scuderia Pinarello ambassadors are:
- Jamie Bestwick – Considered to be the best BMX vert rider of all-time winning 14 X Games gold medals and an Olympic coach for Team GB BMX. Recently, Bestwick found a passion for gravel riding and will compete in the Unbound Gravel 200 this year.
- Amity Rockwell – A former endurance runner, Rockwell found her niche on the gravel scene with a win at the 2019 DK 200 (now Unbound Gravel). Rockwell started Fast Friends, an online discussion forum to engage and include women in cycling.
- Adam Roberge – Three-time Canadian National Time Trial and one-time National Road Champion, Roberge has raced professionally for four years. This season, he will be testing the most extreme capabilities of Pinarello’s Grevil at Gravel Unbound and the Transrockies Gravel Royale.
- Anthony Carter – A self-taught coach and director of the Get-It-In-Club. Carter’s focus this year is training for the Unbound Gravel 100 and becoming a certified USA Cycling Coach.
- Mari Holden – Olympic Silver Medalist, T.T. World Champion and former USA Cycling national coach, Holden is engaged in grassroots programs and will mentor Anthony Carter, above, to achieve his 2021 goals.
- Jess Cerra – A former UCI pro rider, Cerra was directed by fellow Scuderia member Mari Holden, above. She is co-founder of The Last Best Ride gravel race in Montana, a professional chef and owner of the JoJe’ Bar.
- Meredith Edwards – An elite ski mountaineer and ultrarunner who has podiumed at the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc, Edwards has her sights on gravel riding with plans to ride in several races and attempt several FKT’s.
- Kai Lenny – While better known as a world-class waterman, Kai Lenny is also a passionate cyclist. Inspired by his mother, a former AM cyclist, Lenny will create stories around the Hawaiian cycling community.
Photo courtesy Pinarello