More than 1,400 exhibiting brands and over 25,000 attendees are expected to gather this week Outdoor Retailer Summer Market at the Colorado Convention Center.
The event will run four days, starting with the Demo Experience at Chatfield State Park in Littleton, Colorado, on Monday, June 17, and continuing through the three-day tradeshow from June 18-20, 2019. The week will also see the ninth annual Outdoor Retailer Inspiration Awards presented by Adidas Outdoor as well as full lineup of events and education sessions.
“There will be no shortage of new gear and new events at Summer Market, along with so many great education sessions and programs to help us grow,” said Marisa Nicholson, Outdoor Retailer vice president and show director. “We are really looking forward to our days together in Denver to discover all that’s new and to making those connections that help our industry thrive.”
This is Outdoor Retailer’s second year in Denver and the first time Summer Market will be held in June. The show features more than 250 new exhibitors and is the largest event held at the convention center. And, Venture Out, the zone for retailers to discover modern outdoor trends, will encompass nearly 100 exhibiting brands – the most in show history.
Over the show’s three days, the schedule is full of education sessions, industry events, happy hours, and many opportunities to network and learn. Programming will take place on each level of the show floor – The Camp, High Altitude Den, and new Overland Experience curated by Overland Journal on the Upper Level; The RANGER Station and new Outdoor Social Club on the Street Level; and in the Trend + Design Center presented by CHROMUCH on the Lower Level. OU@OR education will be held across the street at the Hyatt Regency.
The first night will be highlighted by the ninth annual Outdoor Retailer Inspiration Awards presented by Adidas Outdoor, which recognizes those that inspire and encourage others to enjoy, participate in and support outdoor recreation. Winners across categories will be revealed in a live ceremony held at the Hyatt Regency on Tuesday, June 18 at 6 p.m., and PayPal is the presenting sponsor of the manufacturer and retailer categories.
Among other show highlights throughout the week:
- The Demo Experience presented by PayPal has moved to Chatfield State Park and opens the show with an opportunity to test the newest gear. The demo is set on the park’s swim beach and 1,400-acre lake and features miles of bike and running trails. Attendees can start their morning at the demo with yoga – mats provided by Lolë – and during the day they can take the Jaybird Run XT true wireless earbuds out for a run. The Overland Journal will be providing education sessions, and at 1 p.m., attendees can participate in the SUP Six paddle race, sponsored by Solstice | SWIMLINE and Astral. Water stations from Lifestraw will be on site.
- The Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) Industry Breakfast opens the tradeshow with an equal parts inspiring and instructive presentation on Good is the New Cool from keynote speaker Afdhel Aziz. The breakfast will take place on Day 1, Tuesday, June 18, at 7 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency. Throughout the week, OIA’s Outdoor University sessions, OU@OR also at the Hyatt, will offer valuable industry education including retail business strategies, supply chain best practices, product and marketing trends and recreation policy.
- Night of Stoke presented by 5Point Film Festival is an evening of inspiring films with many of the stars and filmmakers in attendance to help share their stories. Open to the public, Night of Stoke takes place on Night 3, Thursday, June 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the Paramount Theater. Tickets are available for purchase at 5pointfilm.org.
New zones on the show floor include brands in the CBD & Wellness area on the Street Level, and the Overland Experience with education and displays curated by the Overland Journal on the Upper Level. A new Designer Lounge on the Lower Level offers space for designers to connect.
- Tent City has moved. Located on the Street Level in the 600 meeting rooms, Tent City allows retailers and attendees to test and compare tents, hammocks, and camping gear on site.
- Materials are getting a new life through upcycling. At the new Textile Repurposing Station on the Street Level, student designers from Utah State University Outdoor Product Design & Development will upcycle scrap materials into functional designs and create chalk bags free for attendees. In Venture Out, attendees can pick up a free upcycled screen printed t-shirt from Element and National Geographic.
- Off the main lobby, the Made in America and New Product Showcase wall has grown to feature more than 25 new products. The space is also home of After Hours, sponsored by Clif Bar, on Night 2 from 6-8 p.m. – an evening of music, drinks, and mingling.
Outdoor Retailer has also partnered with Nalgene Outdoor to provide all Summer Market attendees a custom 32-ounce Wide Mouth Nalgene reusable water bottle. With the support of Centerplate, the sale of single-use plastic bottles at the show has been eliminated. Attendees can now access water and refill their bottles at more than 170 water stations located throughout the show thanks to the Plastic Impact Alliance and show partners.
Summer Market is one of three shows hosted by Outdoor Retailer annually in Denver, also including Snow Show in January and Winter Market in November. Cycling brands and suppliers will now join outdoor exhibitors, retailers, bike dealers, buyers, and advocacy organizations on the show floor at Winter Market, which takes place November 5-7, 2019. Outdoor Retailer is owned by Emerald Expositions.
Photo Outdoor Retailer