The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) awarded seven ski areas top honors for their 2017-18 marketing programs. NSAA announced the winners at the company’s national convention and trade show last week in Marco Island, FL.
The awards are sponsored by Inntopia, a strategic marketing, commerce and business intelligence firm based in Stowe, VT.
NSAA presents the awards to member resorts with successful marketing programs that ultimately help grow the sports of skiing and snowboarding. Here are the 2017-18 winners:
- Best Use of Mobile Technology – Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, CA
- Best Social Media Campaign – Alyeska Resort, AK
- Best Use of Video Marketing – Whistler Blackcomb, BC
- Best Learn to Ski & Snowboard/Bring a Friend Campaign – Killington Resort, VT
- Most Unique Campaign – Aspen Snowmass, CO
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign (Under 500,000 visits) – Mount Snow, VT
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign (500,000 or more visits) – Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, UT
Judges for the awards were Mike Bisner, vice president sales/East for AXESS NORTH AMERICA; Ryan Davis, art director of Portland, OR-based branding agency Nemo Design and Matt Neren, founder and partner of Boulder, CO-based Cultivator Advertising & Design.
An in-depth review of the winning marketing award programs will be included in the summer issue of the NSAA Journal.