Lacoste launched a free downloadable mobile application named Lacoste City Tennis. This new platform continues Lacoste's mission of making tennis more accessible and encouraging everyone to play the competitive sport. Lacoste partnered with one of the world's leading sports and entertainment agencies, Lagardere Unlimited, to bring the unique concept to digital life.
About the App:
Lacoste City Tennis is the interactive experience bringing players closer to the sport and brand they love. Getting out and playing tennis in New York City can sometimes be difficult, so this experience will make doing so in your neighborhood easier and more accessible. Lacoste City Tennis also brings immersive features that allow users to explore the world of Lacoste and its rich tennis heritage as well as follow the exciting sport through tournament feeds. Available for Apple and Android devices now, Lacoste City Tennis has no registration or download fee, and it integrates social media networks to create a connected and engaged virtual tennis community. In 2015, Lacoste plans to expand the City Tennis network beyond NYC to other key cities such as Miami and Los Angeles.
Lacoste City Tennis special features include:
- Court Locator: Find available tennis courts nearby or in a specific NYC neighborhood in all 5 boroughs
- Player Locator: Allows you to message other users in your area to schedule a match or practice
- Player Profile: Set preferences based upon your age, gender, skill level and when/where you play
- World of Lacoste Tennis: One-stop destination to discover Lacoste sponsored athletes and brand ambassadors, stay up-to-date on tournament statistics and social media posts
- Lacoste Gear: Check out and shop the Lacoste Sport collections and virtually try on the newest gear via an interactive “Snap & Share” camera function
- Discover the best way to play tennis in New York City, including information on how to secure and use seasonal/single permits and where to retrieve them, including for FREE at Lacoste retail stores
- Game On: Play an exclusive gaming feature in between sets or while traveling on the subway/bus
- Charity: Learn about the City Parks Foundation's free tennis program for kids in NYC (a non-profit organization supported by the Lacoste Foundation) and how to give back to the community.
- App users will have first access to Lacoste tennis promotions, information and special events
Lacoste will be giving away free single-play tennis passes for NYC courts (valued at $15) to any in-store visitors who show us their respective City Tennis app download (while supplies last, one per person) at participating NYC area boutiques. Store Locator: http://bit.ly/1pq6t4S
App Download Link:
Free Lacoste City Tennis downloads at the app store:
App Tutorial Video: Link to view the one-minute video of how the app works: http://youtu.be/XzGnfJZ2ews
Join the social media conversation by following @Lacoste and tag images and posts with #CityTennis