Good To-Go, a Maine-based preparer of dehydrated meals, said it has added several employees and reps to support growth after a very successful showing at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market last month in Salt Lake City.
The Outdoor Retailer Summer Market Show was just a phenomenal experience for us, said chef and co-founder of Good To-Go, Jennifer Scism. We won the industrys most coveted award for our Thai Curry, Backpackers Editors Choice; teamed up with the respected Jetboil team to cook our meals at the show; and had the opportunity to meet with dozens of buyers and media. We couldnt have planned a better introduction to the market.
Scism launched the company in March to provide an alternative to heavily salted pre-packaged trail food. It currently offers four lightweight gourmet meals: Thai Curry, Herbed Mushroom Risotto, Smoked Three Bean Chili and Classic Marinara. The company had focused on its home territory of New England, where retailers EMS, Outdoor Gear Exchange and Kittery Trading Post all carry its products. But demand has grown across the U.S. and internationally in the wake of favorable press and several awards.
To accommodate growth, Good To-Go has been adding people to its sales, marketing, and operations teams including:
- Amanda Arloro, Assistant Cook. Amanda works side-by-side with chef Jennifer researching, prepping and preparing meals. Her 20+ years of experience in the food service industry coupled with a season as a Trucker/Storehouse Keeper for the AMC gives her a unique perspective as she approaches each recipe.
- Emilie Chatelain, Marketing and Sales Coordinator. For the past nine years, Emilie has worked as a retail manager and visual merchandiser for brands like REI, EMS and Athleta. She comes to Good To-Go with a knowledge base of whats important to both customers and retail partners. Emilie is responsible for the brands social media and marketing campaigns, ambassadors and events. email@example.com.
- Kate Newport, Office Assistant. Former small business owner and administrative assistant, Kate is keeping the Good To-Go office in-line and organized. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jean Rowe, Bookkeeper. With 30+ years as a bookkeeper and accounting professional, Jean is ensuring Good To-Gos books are in order and everyone is paying and getting paid on time.
Rep force assembled
Good To-Go has also expanded its outside sales force, which now includes:
- New England – Whitney Outdoor Group, Peter Whitney, 207-776-316 or email@example.com.
- Pacific Northwest – Momentum Outdoor Sales LLC, Rob Scott, 503-819-1379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOLA – Exclusive Sports, Inc, Mark Hollingsworth, 512-736-7927 or email@example.com
Good To-Go continues to work with two outside marketing firms. Haigh + Martino, a Portsmouth, NH-based advertising and design agency known for combining smart strategy with high-level creative work, has spent the past year developing Good To-Gos visual imagery. From designing a responsive retail website to impactful collateral materials, Kristy, Dylan and their team have delivered a professional looking brand image that reflects Good To-Gos unique niche in the market while representing the brands connection to Maine.
Revolution House Media, started by Kate Ketschek, has been working to launch Good To-Go to the outdoor consumer and retailer markets. Focusing on brand voice, editorial placement, and strategic partnerships, Revolution House Media has helped catapult Good To-Go into a national brand.