Allied Feather & Down, a global supplier and processor of down within the home and outdoor industries, will kick off a series of global seminars for U.S. vendor partners, retailers and consumers at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in August. The seminars seek to educate users on the natural qualities of down, Allied’s practices and products, and down industry trends.
Allied’s decision to host educational seminars was inspired by the unmet demand for additional information on sourcing and procurement practices. In talking to retail and vendor partners, it became apparent that a majority of individuals with a vested interest in down were lacking information on even the basic facts such as the difference between feather and down. As the industry leader, Allied is making it their responsibility to educate vendor partners, retailers, and consumers.
The seminars will be hosted by Uretsky and may incorporate guest speakers from third parties such as International Down and Feather Testing Laboratory (IDFL), Textile Exchange,and Control Union.
The Allied Educational Seminars will address topics such as:
- Down 101: The anatomy of down
- Quality: How the down is chosen and how it is tested
- Innovations in down technologies
- Sourcing: Where the down is sourced from and how it is collected
- Traceability: Steps Allied is taking to show where their down is coming from
- Allied Down and its commitment to the Responsible Down Standard
Allied hopes that the seminars will help to educate users of down and dispel the misconceptions while continuing to lead the down industry by encouraging transparency.