Activa, a direct retailer of womens fitness wear is looking for a creative, energetic Product Manager with apparel buying experience, a great sense of style, and a love for fitness to oversee our merchandising efforts.
As Activas Product Manager, you will plan and merchandise a product line for our profitable catalog and Internet business. You will have direct responsibility for the success of the merchandising efforts and will participate in developing a merchandising strategy in line with the business objectives.
- Product selection, assortment, sales, performance analysis and evaluation of products and collections in line with strategy and profitability goals.
- Collaboration with brand management team and creative department on development of regularly produced catalogs and other marketing programs.
- Establishing and managing external vendor relationships. Works with vendors in selecting new styles, negotiating pricing and co-op, and identifying new opportunities to promote product.
- Presentation of products for catalog production team and page layout preparation.
- Analysis and reporting of various merchandising and catalog performance metrics.
- Working with inventory control and buyers to ensure proper purchasing quantities, inventory management and turn.
- Participation in strategy development and marketing planning with Brand Team.
The Product Manager will be creative and have a good sense of style/fashion. You will be hands-on and have a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally in getting things done. You will also be an expert multi-tasker, enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and have a desire to work with a team passionate about helping women maintain an active lifestyle through staying fit.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in buying womens sports or activewear.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in a direct selling retail business
Understanding of and proficiency with merchandising metrics, and preferably catalog profitability metrics
Experience managing product margin, returns, inventory turn, backorder rates
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well both independently and with a team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience developing and managing private label apparel is a plus.
We offer an extensive benefits package and competitive salary. To learn more about Activa, visit our web site at: www.activasports.com. Activa is a part of Road Runner Sports, the leading retailer of running shoes and gear for more than 20 years. To learn more about Road Runner Sports, visit our website at: www.roadrunnersports.com.