There’s already more massage rollers on the market than you can shake a foam-covered stick at, but companies are still finding new ways to help runners and other athletes speed up recovery, decrease muscle tension and increase mobility. Here are a few of the latest, greatest and most innovative.
- The Moji Mojiheat 4-inch Massage Ball incorporates heat and massage. Stick it in the microwave for 2:20 and get a warm 20-minute relaxation sesh.
- Two foam balls on a locking spindle add versatility to the TriggerPoint MB2 Roller.
- The Roll Recovery R8 channels your beloved old Rollerblades, taking the form of a spring-loaded device with wheels.
- The Pro-Tec Athletics Orb Extreme is made out of high-density foam and is ideal for deep-tissue release.
- This barrel-shaped Rove Roller collapses flat to about the size of a laptop computer for easy transport.
- Indulge your inner Game of Thrones warrior with the Rumble Roller Beastie Bar, which looks like a medieval weapon but is actually a handy tool for soothing your shoulders and upper back.
- Addaday gave the basic foam roller an upgrade with its Echo Oscillator, a cylinder with a motor that vibrates at three speeds.
- Sometimes even runners have to travel by plane – the Tiger Tail Roadster is perfect to toss in your carry-on for on-the-go relief.