Teko announces that it has received the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 environmental certification for all of its socks. Teko is proud to be one of the relatively few companies in the world to achieve this prestigious certification.
Oeko-Tex Standard 100 is a strict European standard that ensures that a product is proven to be harmless to human health. Testing maintains that the fiber content and all manufacturing processes will leave the product 100% safe to be next to your skin.
Oeko-Tex was developed by a group of European textile institutes and addresses the human ecology component of textile products. In particular, Oeko-Tex evaluates and screens for the presence of hazardous elements.
Awareness about the Oeko-Tex Standard certification is growing. Its high consumer and buyer demand in Europe is starting to carry over to the United States. More and more vendors are now working to meet Oeko-Tex standards to meet this demand.
Products with the Oeko-Tex label:
- Do not contain allergenic dyestuffs nor dyestuffs that form carcinogenic arylamines of the MAK-groups III A1 and III A2.
- Have been tested for pesticides and chlorinated phenols.
- Have been tested for the release of heavy metals under artificial perspiration conditions.
- Are free from formaldehyde or contain trace amounts significantly lower than the required legal limits.
- Have a skin friendly pH.
- Are free from chloro-organic carriers.
- Are free from biologically active finishes.