San Diego Sport Innovators (SDSI), a nonprofit business accelerator that connects and drives the growth of Southern California’s innovative sports and active lifestyle (SAL) economy, has announced the recent graduates of its business accelerator program, SDSI Springboard.
After four months of intensive mentoring with SDSI’s Business Advisors and Domain Experts – some of the best minds in Southern California’s sports and active lifestyle industry – graduates leave SDSI Springboard with improved insight into their businesses, refined and scalable business models and the ability to concisely articulate their business opportunities to potential strategic partners and outside investors.
“Our involvement with SDSI Springboard over the past four months has been challenging and extremely rewarding. Our incredible mentoring team went above and beyond to help us define and re-align our business plan and goals,” says Andi Neugarten, founder of SDSI Springboard Graduate Alii Sport. “They challenged us to shift paradigms and to look at our business in a different light. The result is an improved strategy that is much more focused and disciplined. We are extremely grateful for the support of SDSI!”
Graduating companies include:
- Avalanche Company – designers and distributors of Twins and King boxing and mixed martial arts gear.
- Alii Sport – women's athletic apparel and versatile sport fashion focused on triathlon and yoga.
- EPIC Series – a functional fitness obstacle course and fitness festival, with a course designed and built for all level athletes – beginner to beast.
- Plastic Clothing designs and manufactures beach athletic apparel and accessories with an initial focus on volleyball
- Solo Eyewear – funds eye care for people in need through the sale of their handcrafted sunglasses made with recycled bamboo.
- Tribal Snowtools – a new action sports lifestyle brand that makes portable terrain park building tools for backyard, urban and backcountry skiers, snowboarders, and downhill bikers.
SDSI is accepting applications through March 8 for SDSI Springboard Class 6 sponsored by CircleUp and Buchalter Nemer. While SDSI’s resources are located in Southern California, SDSI Springboard is open to companies outside of the region; however travel to San Diego is required. There is no cost to apply, but upon acceptance companies must become SDSI members to participate. Apply at www.sdsportinnovators.org/springboard.
For more information on how to apply or how to become an SDSI mentor and join the dynamic group of talented industry executives contact Renne Catalano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDSI is a non-profit, business accelerator that connects and drives the growth of Southern California's vibrant sports economy by offering elite level networking, and innovative programs and services for start-ups, mature companies and service providers. We offer mentoring, education and capital funding opportunities for start-ups; best practice collaboration, access to new technology and public policy advocacy for mature companies; as well as deal flow to our service providers and the Southern California Investment Community. For more information visit www.sdsportinnovators.org