Pearl Izumi’s Fall 2021 line offers mountain biking outerwear layers, a gaiter for gravel rides and products that transition on and off the bike.
“Our technical mountain bike apparel continues to be a huge push for the brand, and this fall season we’ve really invested in designs and technology that allow you to perform your best through a wide range of conditions and temperatures without having to constantly adjust your layering,” said Andrew Hammond, director of brand marketing, Pearl Izumi. “We’ve also made progress towards our target of making 90 percent of the line with sustainable materials by 2022.”
Additions to its mountain bike line include:
- Summit Pro Barrier Jacket (Men)—hooded, stretch-woven layer that sheds moisture but offers breathability. It packs down into a zippered rear pocket with a hidden strap that can secure the jacket to a bike frame.
- Canyon ECOLoft Jacket (Men)—features EcoLoft Active insulation made from recycled materials for quick transfer of excess heat for consistent warmth. Features a two-way zipper for added temperature control and PI Dry technology for protection from trail spray, rain and snow.
- Summit Thermal Jersey (M/W)—a shoulder season outer layer that can transition into a mid-layer in winter. Features 60-gram, high-stretch fleece for moisture management. The hood’s slim profile fits under a helmet.
- Gravel Gaiter—comes in breathable fabrics, features a locking zipper and Hypalon midfoot strap.
- Expedition Thermal Jersey—embraces a technical sweater aesthetic.
Debuting in Pearl Izumi’s road category:
- Attack AmFIB Lite Jacket (M/W)—constructed of three-layer windproof, water-resistant AmFIB softshell fabric on the chest with forward-facing areas of the sleeves to protect from headwinds. The back and sleeves are lined with thermal fleece and three bellowed rear pockets are large enough for winter gloves, a neck gaiter and cold-weather gear.
Additions to its casual BikeStyle collection:
- Rove Cycling Jean (M/W)—blends organic cotton with nylon and high-stretch Elastane for easy pedaling comfort. The lower cuff rolls up to expose BioViz reflective elements made from recycled materials for increased visibility. The jeans are finished with PI Dry water-repellent technology.
- Rove Cargo Legging (W)—has dual hand pockets, one drop-in hip pocket and a second zippered hip pocket for essentials. Includes wide waistband, four-way stretch fabric, added abrasion resistant panels, and PI Dry technology.
- Prospect Tech Sweatshirt (M)—doubles as a casual sweatshirt and a technical piece. Features a sweat-wicking grid fabric made from 97 percent recycled materials, abrasion-resistant forearm panels with PI Dry technology and a zippered chest pocket.
- Prospect Tech Hoodie (W)—offered with a cowl neck and three-piece hood design and two zippered hand pockets.
- Prospect Tech Dress—sweatshirt dress.
For more product information, go here.
Photo courtesy Pearl Izumi