La Sportiva, the manufacturer of mountain footwear, outlined its running and hiking products for SS/23, with the Jackal II leading the lineup offering reduced weight, a roomy toe-box and a redesigned heel.
The Italian brand is also releasing several running and hiking models for SS23 and an environmentally friendly apparel line.
“Ultra-Running is growing rapidly, and the new Jackal II is designed to meet the needs of novice and elite ultrarunners alike,” said Jonathan Lantz, president, La Sportiva North America. “This version comes equipped with a new lightweight upper made from eco-friendly materials, allowing the shoe to be nearly an ounce lighter than its predecessor. In addition, we use an innovative midsole in the Jackal II that combines Infinitoo Polyurethane inserts with compressed EVA to create a soft yet responsive ride that helps power trail runners over any terrain or distance.”
Features of the Jackal II include:
- Infinitoo polyurethane inserts in the heel and forefoot increase the midsole’s responsiveness and give the shoe more stability in uneven terrain;
- Eco-friendly upper with a thin and breathable recycled fabric is paired with a dynamic lacing system to accommodate a wide variety of foot shapes;
- Frixion AT 2.0 rubber compound with impact brake system offers traction in a wide variety of terrain;
- A redesigned heel allows for a more comfortable and secure fit; and
- The men’s Jackal II weighs 9.7 ounces, women’s version 8.6 ounces.
The Jackal II Boa shares the same midsole and outsole as the Jackall II but features BOA technology fit system. The Double BOA on this model allows for quick adjustments to the heel and forefoot. The Spiyralift tongue and collar cradle the ankle for increased proprioception and protection.
The brand’s hiking collection added the TX Hike Mid Leather GTX technical boot that combines the support of a hiking boot with the agility of an approach shoe with a recycled collar lining, Bluesign certified Gore-Tex membrane with recycled content and a Vibram Ecostep Evo outsole with 30 percent recycled content.
Features also include:
- Treated leather using a 100 percent PFC-free process;
- Recycled nylon webbing and laces;
- Comfort fit last to accommodate wider feet with extra volume in the forefoot;
- Supportive lacing harness inspired by the Trango Tech Mountaineering boot for stability;
- The TX Hike Mid Leather GTX is available for men and women.
La Sportiva’s spring apparel line includes the Tracer Tee and Tracer Tank for men and women with S.Café yarn and Bluesign-approved materials. S.Café is an environmentally friendly yarn made from a combination of used coffee grounds and polyester yarn surface. In the production process, the properties of the filament make the fabric quick-drying, odor resistant and protective from UV rays.
Fully waterproof and extremely lightweight, the 6.8-ounce Pocketshell Jacket is a featherweight rain jacket made from compact, environmentally friendly materials. Recycled and Bluesign fabrics make up the 2.5L fabric that features a waterproof rating of 20,000MM and 15,000 G/M2/24H breathability. The Pocketshell weighs 6.8 ounces and uses a PFC water repellent coating. Available for men and women.
Photo courtesy La Sportiva