In 2018, both the average fastball and number of players hit-by-pitches were the highest ever in MLB history. That’s why more players than ever need and want protection at the plate. EvoShield’s new Pro-SRZ (Pro Series) line of custom-molded protective gear does just that.
Pro-SRZ guards include forward-thinking ergonomic designs and materials that are 45-percent lighter than competitors’ guards but provide better force dispersion than even its previous line of industry-leading Evoshield guards. Even with these advances, Pro-SRZ guards have one important goal; preventing injuries and keeping players on the field.
Evoshield Pro-SRZ offers more sizes and customization for players at every level of play while providing the same popular protective product being worn by nearly 75 percent of MLB players, including:
- Mike Trout, Christian Yelich, Mookie Betts, Alex Bregman, Kris Bryant, Javy Báez, Aaron Judge, Justin Turner, Marwin González, Jose Altuvé, Carlos Correa, Paul Goldschmidt, Andrew Benintendi, Eloy Jiménez, Nolan Arenado, Francisco Lindor, Ronald Acuña Jr., and Justin Turner, who prevented another wrist injury just last month by wearing EvoShield after he was hit by a pitch from Matt Andriese.
- Elbow Guard – The pinnacle product of EvoShield’s protective gear. The new elbow guard gives you that confidence to step up to the plate and take on anyone. With smarter protection, this new design will not only look good but feels good as it’s like it isn’t even there. Available online and at participating stores. (MSRP $54.99)
- Leg Guard – New unique sizing with Right and Left hand batter specific sizes. Each guard is contoured to fit and cover the inside of the players lead leg with strategic protection covering where a player needs it. Available online and at participating stores. (MSRP $69.99)
- Wrist Guard – New Seamless construction and lightweight materials bring the new wrist guard to a whole new level! Built with a pull tab for easy on and off applications and an inside pocket to fit the guard, this wrist guard is a great guard to wear on both sides of the field and is seen on many pros when at bat and on the field. Available online and at participating stores. (MSRP $29.99)
Additional Pro-SRZ Pr0ducts (Available on EvoShield.com and WilsonTeamShop.com):
- Double Strap Elbow Guard – Seen at the Pro level, and now available by popular demand. The double-strap is an extended elbow guard that is ideal for players with longer arms or those who want additional coverage up to their triceps. (MSRP $74.99)
- Extended Leg Guard – Same shape and design as the Leg Guard with a longer body. Ideal for players with longer legs, or those who want to protect more area of their leg. (MSRP $89.99)
- Double Ankle Leg Guard – Ankle Protection on both sides of the foot. Ideal for players who also want to protect from pitches thrown at the outside ankle, OR for switch hitters who want one leg guard to switch legs with. (MSRP $89.00)
- No Ankle Leg Guard – Leg Guard without the Ankle Flap. Also ideal for players who have other unique areas to protect, as the No-Ankle guard can also be considered an “All-Purpose” guard (some players use this to fit the top of their shin). (MSRP $84.99)
- Colored Straps – Available in 11 Colors to customize your look & show your team colors! (MSRP $19.99)
ABOUT EVOSHIELD: As the Official Protective Gear of Major League Baseball, EvoShield is considered as the dominant protective brand in the baseball and softball community. Now protecting more than 150 professional and collegiate programs, EvoShield is the brand that elite athletes look to for ultimate protection and comfort. EvoShield’s revolutionary technology has created a new standard in protective gear. Bulky and restrictive foam or plastic padding is a thing of the past. EvoShield is different; the combination of slim, form-fitting, breathable shields enables freer athletic movement while maintaining stronger safety – the ultimate athletic protective gear. For further information on the EvoShield product line and a more in-depth description of the protection offered, please visit evoshield.com.
ABOUT WILSON SPORTING GOODS, CO: Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., a subsidiary of Amer Sports, is one of the world’s leading manufacturer of sports equipment, apparel, and accessories. As the Official Ball Glove of Major League Baseball® for over 20 years, Wilson develops high-performance products for baseball and softball athletes and uses player insights to develop products that push equipment innovation into new territories. Wilson currently makes and sells high-performance gloves, bats, uniforms, apparel, protective gear, accessories, player development equipment, and tools through its Wilson, Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, EvoShield and ATEC brands. Through the Company’s dedication to creating products that enable athletes at every level to perform at their best, Wilson has earned its place as a leader in sporting goods for over a century.