Aetrex announced the launch of Albert 2, its next gen in 3D foot scanning technology. The all-in-one omnichannel device is a fully integrated foot scanning system to help customers find the right fitting shoe and orthotics at retail. The Albert 2 will be available to retailers starting February 2021.
“The Albert 2 is an easy-to-use, all-in-one scanner that looks beautiful and modern in stores and does everything a retailer could possibly need from a foot scanning technology,” said Larry Schwartz, CEO, Aetrex. “The system eliminates the need for retailers to use traditional, multi-step processes to drive footwear and orthotic sales. The Albert 2 is the fastest, most integrated and streamlined device we’ve ever made.”
The process works as follows:
- The customer experience with Albert 2 begins by stepping onto the scanning device in store.
- The two-foot-at-once scanning process takes 20 seconds or less and can capture both static and dynamic pressure, as well as 3D measurements of the foot.
- The accurate and complete foot data is used to help customers find the best-fitting shoe or orthotics based on their unique foot profile.
- The life-like, 3D animated Albert character guides users through the scanning process, while also responding to voice commands, for an interactive customer experience.
- The customer’s unique foot scan data can then be sent via email, allowing users to access their information after they leave the store.
“What’s really unique about Albert 2 is that it can collect an unbelievable amount of data about customers’ feet, and retailers can use it to overcome many challenges they face today,” said Schwartz.
Retailers can use the data to increase store profitability by finding the right fit the first time and providing better customer service. They can also use the data to build customer relationships by creating personalized digital marketing strategies based on a customer’s foot type and reduce eCommerce returns.
The biggest advantage Albert 2 has over other foot scanning devices is the bundle with Aetrex Orthotics as part of the scanning process. “This integrated business model drives add-on sales for retailers, making Albert 2 a profit center rather than a cost center,” said Schwartz. The Aetrex Orthotics line is designed for a variety of foot types based on arch type and areas of pressure —with Aetrex designing and producing all of its own hardware, software and orthotics.
“When a customer steps onto the scanner, it’s always a guaranteed sale. Albert has one of the highest returns on investment per square foot in our stores. We’ve had Albert in our stores for over two years, and I can’t wait for Albert 2 to deliver in February,” said Parks Robinson, GM, Fit2Run.
“Aetrex Technology has placed over 10,000 scanners worldwide since the inception of foot scanning technology in 2002. Albert is one of the top profit centers per square foot in retail stores and has proven to increase total sales by 75 percent,” said Aetrex.
Photo courtesy Aetrex