Outdoor Industry Association has begun taking applications for its first Future Leadership Academy, an immersive experience for the next generation of outdoor industry leaders.
In its pilot year, OIA will select 20 individuals to participate in the nine-month program. The trade association says it “would like to invest in the best and brightest talent in the outdoor industry” who meet the following requirements:
- A director level and below
- A minimum of three years in some sector of the outdoor industry
- Exhibits leadership potential, strategic thinking and a commitment to our industry
- Work for an OIA member company
Participants will receive personal and professional development opportunities that include education about important outdoor industry issues, leadership training and mentoring from industry veterans. You can expect your participating employee (or you!) to experience:
- Mentoring from key outdoor industry founders and executives
- Leadership training and guidance for strategic decision making
- Community building and peer learning with emerging leaders in the industry
- Community-based approach to education that encourages learning and adoption
- A cross-disciplined outdoor industry education
OIA is charging $750 per participant for a Future Leadership Academy a $5,000 value. For more information, please review our FAQ for employers. We hope that you will encourage an individual in your department to apply, or apply yourself. The application process is open now and closes September 30th. Those selected will be notified in October and the program begins January 2016.