The National Retail Federation announced a series of new programs, guest events and networking opportunities at this week’s annual Shop.org conference, which will be held Tuesday through Friday in Las Vegas.
Members of the retail industry will gather at the conference to expand their professional networks, attend sessions hosted by the industry’s leading experts and learn about the latest trends and innovations impacting the world of digital commerce.
“We are very proud of this year’s dynamic programming,” NRF Senior Vice President of Conferences Susan Newman said. “Our goal is to offer attendees an unrivaled platform in which to network; learn from a broad range of speakers with unique perspectives like Etsy, CVS Health and sports icon Serena Williams and to personally experience the latest in retail technology and innovation. We have not only delivered on that goal, but we’ve dramatically increased those opportunities.”
New programming and event updates include:
- Welcome Party: On Wednesday evening, the conference will kick off with a networking event featuring TV personality and musical guest Paul DelVecchio, who will perform as “DJ Pauly D.” Attendees will have the opportunity to network over drinks and light fare at Tao Nightclub.
- Global Ecommerce Leaders Forum: A half-day partner program on Wednesday will explore how the international growth of mobile and ecommerce is impacting regional sales and distribution partners for retailers and brands. Attendees will examine how emerging partners and platforms are competing for business as traditional models are disrupted.
- Zappos Tours: NRF retail members are invited to join guided tours of the Zappos campus, where attendees will learn the company’s history, culture and story while experiencing a world-class facility.
Retail Stores Tour: The retail store tours will give conference-goers the chance to see firsthand how retailers at the Venetian and Caesar’s Palace are adapting their business models to changing consumer behaviors and new technologies.
- Expo Floor Tours: Attendees who registered for one of five themed tours will experience an excursion through the Expo floor showcasing exhibitors that are addressing the toughest challenges facing retailers today.
- Networking Events: The conference is expanding its networking opportunities for attendees, including an intimate “Break the Ice Lunch” at the Venetian’s Restaurant Row, roundtable sessions where retailers will discuss the biggest challenges facing the industry and a retail power lunch where they will join their peers for discussions focused on current trends and the future outlook of retail.
- Girls’ Lounge: The Girls’ Lounge, powered by The Female Quotient, will provide attendees the opportunity to join an experiential networking pop-up and a platform for women to connect, collaborate and activate change together.
- Podcast Studio: The Shop.org podcast booth will host 13 podcasters discussing the latest trends and news from the conference, including:
- Brick and Data Podcast with Todd Harris and José Chan
- Ecommerce BrainTrust with Kiri Masters
- Future Commerce with Brian Lange and Phillip Jackson
- Glossy podcast with Hilary Milnes
- NBC News Your Business with J.J. Ramberg
- Omni Talk with Anne Mezzenga and Chris Walton
- Perpetual Traffic with Ralph Burns and Molly Pittman
- Profitero podcast with Keith Anderson
- NRF’s Retail Gets Real with NRF Senior Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs Bill Thorne
- Retail Tech with Darius Vasefi
- Think Commerce with Jon Feldman
- Total Retail Talk with Joe Keenan and Melissa Campanelli
- Women in Retail Talks with Melissa Campanelli
- Innovation Awards: This year’s conference will feature NRF’s inaugural Innovation Awards to recognize six cutting-edge tech startups and companies in the industry that are utilizing the best and latest technology to revolutionize the retail shopping experience.
- Pop-Up Shops and More: The Expo floor will feature award-winning artist Napkin Killa offering personalized napkins to attendees and three retail pop-up shops; a beer garden with table tennis, craft beer and JuiceFarm tastings provided by Morel’s Steakhouse & Bistro; a Build-A-Bear stand where attendees create their own teddy bears and luxury handbag maker Hammitt, which will give away monogrammed business card holders.