Nike, Inc. filed its fiscal 2004 10-K report on Friday, revising its futures backlog figures for shipment through November. The company pointed to strength in the U.S. and Asia markets that drove backlog up 11.3% to $5.6 billion, versus its previously reported 10.7% gain for the period.
Other Fiscal 2004 10-K Highlights:
- Sales in the U.S for all brands represented 47% of sales versus 49% in 2003 and 53% in fiscal 2002.
- Three largest customer accounted for 26% of Nike brand sales in U.S. and 23% of total U.S. sales.
- For fiscal 2004, 90% of U.S. footwear shipments were from futures orders, versus 91% in fiscal 2003 and 92% in fiscal 2002.
- Store count at year-end: 78 Nike factory stores, 5 NIKE stores, and 13 NIKETOWN Stores.
- China accounted for 36% of footwear production in fiscal 2004, with Indonesia producing 24%, Vietnam 22%, and Thailand producing 16% of footwear.