Sport Supply Group, a Dallas-based company and leader in the sporting goods industry, as well as one of DFWs top 250 employers, is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Merchandising Director.
In addition to overseeing Purchasing and Replenishment, COGS Management and Vendor relationships, this position will be responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the product assortment, inventory, pricing, sourcing and merchandising functions.
Specifically, the Merchandising Director:
- Provides leadership and direction to the product management staff for preparation of assortment planning, product selection and merchandise strategy;
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships, performs sales/profit analysis and provides creative direction in merchandise presentation.
The functions of this position include the overall product management and merchandising responsibility to achieve revenue and margin targets.
- Develop and create unique and differentiated products. Manage conceptual product development for new and existing products.
- Establish pricing and product upgrade paths.
- Lead the Purchasing Manager to ensure consistent high quality and cost effective production of the finished product and to maintain a high-level product in stock position.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure promotions that drive required demand.
- Coordinate and schedule competitive product comparisons to evaluate quality and value.
- Maintain and manage brand identity consistent with the companys broader branding strategy.
Candidates must possess Bachelors degree and 8-10 years of experience with vendor management, purchasing (Import & Domestic), product management, inventory control and merchandising. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Direct experience in the sporting goods industry and direct experience with SAP a plus. Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced analytical skills, the ability to effectively manage and motivate people and be able to interface with all levels of the company.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package we offer a stimulating fast-paced environment that is people friendly and flexible. Interested candidates should email their resume and salary requirements to Dallashr@sportsupplygroup.com including “Merchandise Director” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.