Lululemon Athletica Inc. said it has reopened over 150 store locations across North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia, with approximately 200 additional locations set to reopen over the next two weeks.
The retailer closed the majority of Lululemon stores globally outside of Greater China in mid-March. Lululemon’s phased reopening approach incorporates key learnings from its successful reopening in Greater China and is being carried out week-by-week, market-by-market in accordance with local government and public health authority guidelines.
“As we begin to reopen Lululemon stores around the world, we are taking a balanced and thoughtful approach to ensure all necessary precautions are in place, and to prioritize the safety and wellbeing of our people, guests, and communities,” said Calvin McDonald, chief executive officer. “Despite the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, we are inspired by how our guests have continued to connect digitally through our online offerings and believe Lululemon remains well-positioned to help our guests live the sweatlife.”
To support the health and safety of Lululemon employees and guests as stores reopen, the company has introduced a new set of in-store practices, which include but are not limited to:
- Employee Health and Wellbeing — Stores will operate with modified hours, and store teams will wear face coverings and state a daily health declaration before every shift.
- Physical Distancing — The number of guests who can enter a Lululemon retail location at a given time will be limited, and store layouts will be updated to allow for physical distancing. Additional measures include a modified fitting room experience, with the closure of every second fitting room. A buy online, same-day pickup service is available at select locations.
- Cleaning and Sanitization — Stores will implement enhanced and rigorous cleaning and sanitization practices, and adopt a cashless payment experience where permissible, with contactless “tap” payments preferred.
- Returns — Lululemon’s return policy has been extended to 30 days after each store location reopens to return or exchange any items purchased on or after February 15, 2020, and the company will implement express returns and exchanges to save time. All returns will be held back for 24 hours before being returned to the floor.
- Store-Based Events and Gatherings — All in-store classes and events will remain on pause for the foreseeable future.
In recent months to help guests connect, sweat and shop, Lululemon has launched a range of new initiatives including a digital educator service and the Community Carries On sweat and mindfulness hub. Details on these offerings as well as Lululemon’s open store locations and hours of operation are available at www.Lululemon.com.