The National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) announced four more retailers and dealers in the sports industry who have achieved Verified Independent Dealer status.
The NSGA Verified Independent Dealer Program was created to recognize the most qualified and experienced independently owned retailers and dealers in the sports industry. The program is designed to share the benefits of working with an industry expert who delivers unmatched customer service.
AMgC Sports (North Attleboro, MA), California Pro Sports (Palos Verdes, CA), Capitol Varsity Sports (Oxford, OH) and KoSports Hockey Source For Sports (Canonsburg, PA) achieved NSGA Verified Independent All-Star Dealer status.
“There are many reasons this group of four NSGA Verified Independent Dealers have been in business for nearly 150 years combined,” said Matt Carlson, NSGA president and CEO. “They have used their expertise to provide their teams, athletes, coaches and communities with tremendous customer service and satisfaction.
“As NSGA vetted the candidates through reference checks with customers and manufacturers, it was clear all four in this group will go the extra mile to make sure their customers have the tools they need to succeed.”
Here is a look at these four NSGA Verified Independent Dealers:
- AMgC Sports, led by former professional soccer player Glen Jusczyk, who entered the apparel business and founded the company in 2011 in southern Massachusetts. AMgC is a provider of uniforms and equipment for athletic, academic and business sectors.
- California Pro Sports has been a fixture in the southern California sports scene for nearly 40 years. Kim Karsh and his family have used their passion and knowledge for the industry to build a thriving retail and team business.
- Capitol Varsity Sports is celebrating its 65th anniversary in southwestern Ohio. Bob and Kathy Fawley have continued the commitment to service and player safety during their 22 years of ownership. Capitol Varsity is also one of the premier equipment reconditioners in the country.
- KoSports Hockey Source For Sports has become the premier hockey dealer in the Pittsburgh area the last 23 years. Ko Sports ensures that players are properly equipped at its retail store and pro shop locations thanks to the leadership of Curt and Jackie Koman.
- The Verified Independent Dealer Program originated from NSGA’s Team Dealer Advisory Committee. There are “MVP” and “All-Star” categories based on a variety of criteria, including overall employee experience, years the business has been in operation, sales volume, industry knowledge and expertise. Dealers who meet either criteria level will receive their verification status for a three-year period.
“Sharing the value of doing business with an NSGA Verified Independent Dealer is critical to the program’s success,” said Marty Maciaszek, NSGA Team Dealer Division Director. “Athletic directors, coaches, school superintendents, league directors and other consumers will benefit from understanding the value of working with a Verified Dealer in their community.
“We believe this is a great program for full-line retailers, team dealers and specialty retailers who focus on areas such as ice hockey, skiing and snowboarding and running. We are excited about the growing interest in the program by those involved in all areas of the sports industry.”
The other NSGA Verified Independent Dealers are Kampus Klothes (Ivyland, PA) at the MVP category and 2nd Time Sports (Northglenn, CO), Holyoke Sporting Goods (Holyoke, MA), RG Hockey Source For Sports (Romeoville, IL and Fort Wayne, IN), Scholastic Sports Sales (Manlius, NY) and Winning Streak (Dupo, IL) in the All-Star category.
For more information on the NSGA Verified Independent Dealer Program, contact Marty Maciaszek at email@example.com or (847) 296-NSGA (6742), ext. 1260.