Dick's Sporting Goods announced its plans for the upcoming holiday season, ensuring customers are able to find the perfect “Gift That Matters” for the athletes and outdoor enthusiasts on their holiday shopping lists.
The program includes extended store hours, flexible shopping options, in-store and online promotions, a newly enhanced mobile app and ways to give back to youth sports teams in need.
“Sports provide lasting memories that are passed down through generations,” said Lauren Hobart, executive vice president & chief marketing officer, Dick's Sporting Goods. “We believe gifts from Dick's Sporting Goods enable special moments with families that really do matter and can be shared together in a special way year after year.”
Holiday Shopping on Thanksgiving and Black Friday
Most of Dick's 645 locations nationwide will offer holiday shoppers extended store hours on Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26th) and Black Friday (Friday, November 27th). Customers can also shop deals online all day on Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving – Stores will open at 6:00 p.m. and remain open until 2:00 a.m.
- Black Friday – Stores will re-open at 5:00 a.m. and remain open until 10:00 p.m.
- A number of offers and door busters will be available in store and online on well-recognized brands, wearables and equipment during these two days. A sampling of deals include:
- Select products and apparel from brands like The North Face, NIKE, Under Armour, Adidas and Reebok will be available at 25% or more off regular prices.
- Popular wearables from Fitbit will be available at discounted prices including, Fitbit Charge $89.98 (reg. price $129.95); Fitbit Charge HR $119.98 (reg. price $149.95); and Fitbit Surge Super Watch: $199.98 (reg. price $249.95).
- Select Beats headphones will be available at 50% off their normal prices: Beats Studio Headphones, $149.98 (reg. price $299.95); Beats Urbeats Headphones, $49.98 (reg. price $99.95).
- The SOLE F63 Treadmill and E25 Ellipitcal will be available for 50% off, $849.98 (was $1699.99).
- Men's and women's complete golf sets from Top-Flite will be available at 50% off normal retail prices ($129.99 – $299.99).
- Buy one get one free on the entire stock of Top-Flite golf balls as well as Callaway Diablo Tour, Srixon Trispeed Tour and Bridgestone Treosoft.
- PRIMED Training Aids for Baseball, Hockey, Lacrosse and more will be available for 50% off normal retail prices.
- Additionally, on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, more than 200 Dick's locations will offer the first 200 eligible customers each day a chance to win a $500 Dick's gift card through its “Santa's Safe” promotion*. Customers will be given a code and the winner will be announced shortly after the store opens. The gift card can then be used immediately towards holiday purchases.
Additional Holiday Deals and Promotions at dicks.com
Now through the holiday season, Dick's Sporting Goods will offer free shipping on online orders, with no minimum purchase required. Oversized or overweight items will still be subject to a surcharge.
Starting Sunday, November 29th, Dick's will hold its biggest Cyber Week sale with over 300 online deals at dicks.com. These Cyber Week deals will run through Saturday, December 5th. The following day, Dick's Sporting Goods will kick-off its “12 Days of Deals,” revealing new deals daily.
Holiday Giveaways and Contests on Social Platforms
Dick's will utilize social media to surprise and delight customers throughout the holiday season. The #GiftThatMatters sweepstakes will ask customers to take a photo of a product in store, post the photo to Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #GiftThatMatters. The sweepstakes will run from 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving through 5:15 a.m. on Black Friday. Ten (10) lucky customers will win a $500 Dick's Sporting Goods gift card.**
Throughout the month of December, Dick's customers will also have a chance to win great prizes by retweeting specific posts from the Dick's Twitter handle. More details will be revealed via Dick's Sporting Goods social channels throughout the holiday season.
LIKE Dick's Sporting Goods on Facebook at facebook.com/dickssportinggoods and follow them on Twitter (@DICKS) and Instagram (@dickssportinggoods) to get the latest information on deals, promotions and activities.
Best In-Class Omni-Channel Platform Offers Convenience
As a leading omni-channel retailer, Dick's will offer convenience and flexibility to customers this holiday season. Whether customers prefer to shop in-store, online or through the Dick's mobile app, Dick's will provide holiday shoppers with shopping choices that fit their needs.
- Buy Online and Pick-up In-Store Purchases: Dick's offers customers the option to purchase products online and pick-up their items at a nearby Dick's location. Customers will be able to purchase gifts online until noon on Christmas Eve (Thursday, December 24th) and pick them up in-store before 6:00 p.m.
- Shop and Earn Points with the new Dick's Mobile App: The newest version of the Dick's Mobile App now rewards users for being active. The new “Move” feature allows users to connect to fitness tracking applications MapMyRun and Fitbit® to earn Dick's ScoreCard points for achieving activity goals. Customers will receive 100 bonus points when connecting an applicable tracking application for the first time. Customers can also use the Dick's app to redeem ScoreCard points in-store with the paperless rewards feature. Customers will also be able to enjoy some new app features this holiday season, including the ability to shop the weekly ad from the app.
- Endless Shopping Aisle: To enhance its ability to provide an even wider selection and convenience to our in-store customers, Dick's arms associates with mobile devices, kiosks and other workstations to offer customers an “Endless Aisle” experience. If an item is sold out, or only sold online, associates can place an order for a customer from anywhere in the store and have it shipped directly to their homes, in most cases with free shipping.
Give a Gift That Matters Donate to Youth Sports Programs
Dick's believes that sports make people better. As part of the Dick's Sporting Goods Foundation Sports Matter initiative, which helps youth athletic programs across the country receive vital funds to keep their sports programs intact, Dick's is once again helping youth athletic teams this holiday season.
Throughout the holiday season, customers will be able to donate to The Dick's Sporting Goods Foundation when checking-out. All money raised will be donated to raise awareness for and support underfunded youth sports programs, assisting with everything from equipment purchases, facility maintenance cost and much more. For more information, visit SportsMatter.org.
To learn more about shopping at Dick's this holiday season, visit dicks.com.
*No Purchase Necessary. Purchase does not improve your chance of winning. First 200 Eligible Participants only. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Void where prohibited Excludes South Loop, Il, No refund, returns or exchange of prize. Must be present to win. See store for details. Odds of winning determined by the number of adults in line prior to Santa Safe Open Time. Sponsor: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
**No Purchase Necessary. Purchase does not improve your chance of winning. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C., 18 years or older). Void where prohibited. Starts 11/26/15 and ends 11/27/15. To enter and for official rules, prize description and odds, visit http://d.sg/santasafe. Sponsor: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.