Dick’s Sporting Goods will expand its national footprint with the opening of six Dick’s Sporting Goods stores, two combination Dick’s and Golf Galaxy locations and three Dick’s Sporting Goods Warehouse Sale locations in October. The retailer will also open a limited number of Soccer Shops, a new, shop-in-shop experience, starting later this month and host its first Loyalty Appreciation Week beginning October 5.
The opening of its newest stores will bring approximately 400 collective jobs to communities through the hiring of full-time, part-time and temporary employees for the stores.
Dick’s Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy locations will offer apparel, footwear and equipment from the Company’s private brands, including DSG, Walter Hagen, CALIA by Carrie Underwood, Field & Stream, and Fitness Gear, as well as national brands including Nike, Adidas, Yeti, The North Face, Callaway, and TaylorMade.
Store openings and grand openings dates include:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Stores:
- River Ridge Mall, Lynchburg, VA; October 3-4
- Clackamas Town Center, Happy Valley, OR; October 10-11
- Gateway Village, Annapolis, MD; October 16-18
- Independence Mall, Wilmington, NC; October 17-18
- Vintage Faire Mall, Modesto, CA; October 17-18
- Copperfield Marketplace, Houston, TX; October 23-25
- Dick’s Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy
- Belden Village Mall, Canton, OH; October 16-18
- Fair Oaks Mall, Fairfax, VA: October 30 – November 1
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Warehouse Sale
- 330 Mall Circle Drive, Monroeville, PA; October 10
- 11750 South Strang Line Road, Olathe, KS; October 28
- Southern Palm Crossing, Royal Palm Beach, FL; October 28
Following the store openings, Dick’s will have 732 Dick’s Sporting Goods stores, 97 Golf Galaxy stores and 14 Warehouse Sale locations nationwide in 47 states.
This fall the retailer will launch a new shopping experience for soccer customers in select markets with soccer shops designed to serve athletes of every level and featuring expanded selections of equipment and gear including cleats, apparel, training aids, and national and club team jerseys.
The shopping experience will exist inside select Dick’s stores with in-store soccer experts working the retail floor trained to help customers find soccer equipment. The first Soccer Shop will open on October 23 in Leawood, KS. Additional Shops are expected to open this November.
For the first time, Dick’s will host “7 Days of ScoreCard,” a Loyalty Appreciation Week and the program’s biggest event of the year, to reward its ScoreCard and Scorecard Gold customers. From October 5-11, loyalty members will have daily opportunities to earn bonus points when they shop at Dick’s. Sarting October 4, ScoreCard Gold members will earn triple points on one purchase per year.
Photo courtesy Dicks Sporting Goods