Compass Diversified Holdings Inc. (CODI) closed on its acquisition of  Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd. (“Manitoba Harvest”), pursuant to an agreement it entered into on June 5…

The acquisition was completed for a purchase price of C$132.5 million and funded through drawings under CODI's revolving credit facility. Acquisition related costs were approximately $1.4 million. CODI’s initial common equity ownership in Manitoba Harvest as a result of this transaction is approximately 87 percent on a primary basis. Mike Fata, CEO of Manitoba Harvest; Clif White Road Investments LLC, an existing shareholder; and certain other management team members invested alongside CODI and own the remaining 13percent.

Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Manitoba Harvest is a pioneer and global leader in branded, hemp-based foods. The company’s products are the fastest growing in the hemp food market and among the fastest growing in the natural foods industry. Manitoba Harvest’s award-winning products are currently carried in about 7,000 retail stores across the U.S. and Canada.

Additional information on the acquisition will be available on the Company’s current report on Form 8-K that will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission shortly.

CODI owns and manages a diverse family of established North American middle market businesses. Each of its current subsidiaries is a leader in its niche market.

CODI maintains controlling ownership interests in each of its subsidiaries in order to maximize its ability to impact long term cash flow generation and value. The Company provides both debt and equity capital for its subsidiaries, contributing to their financial and operating flexibility. CODI utilizes the cash flows generated by its subsidiaries to invest in the long-term growth of the Company and to make cash distributions to its shareholders.