Los Angeles Sparks forward Candace Parker, the 2008 WNBA Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year, tops this years list of WNBA most popular jerseys, based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and WNBAStore.com from October 2008 through April 2009. Parkers No. 3 jersey has sold more than any other rookie in WNBA history. As Parker heads into her second season that tips-off on June 6, sales of her jersey have increased more than 100% over last year.
WNBA All-Star guard Diana Taurasi of the Phoenix Mercury moves up from No. 6 to the No. 2 spot. Detroit Shock guard Deanna Nolan makes her debut rounding out the list at No. 10.
Sales of jerseys on WNBAStore.com have more than doubled versus last year, and WNBA merchandise is up 25% versus last year based on combined sales from the NBA Store and WNBAStore.com. adidas is entering its fourth season as the official on-court uniform and apparel provider for the WNBA.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Candace Parker Los Angeles Sparks
2. Diana Taurasi Phoenix Mercury
3. Lisa Leslie Los Angeles Sparks
4. Sue Bird Seattle Storm
5. Becky Hammon San Antonio Silver Stars
6. Sheryl Swoopes Seattle Storm
7. Shameka Christon New York Liberty
8. Janel McCarville New York Liberty
9. Candice Wiggins Minnesota Lynx
10. Deanna Nolan Detroit Shock
TOP 5 MOST POPULAR TEAM MERCHANDISE:
1. Los Angeles Sparks
2. Detroit Shock
3. New York Liberty
4. Seattle Storm
5. San Antonio Silver Stars