Callaway Golf reached a staff pro agreement with former college golf phenom, Julien Brun. A native of Anitbes, France, Brun turns pro after an unbelievable career at Texas Christian University (TCU), where he was a 3-time First Team All-American and a 3-time Academic All-American.
Here are some of his most notable accomplishments to date:
– 3-time First Team All-American
– Graduated From TCU in December
– 9 individual tournament wins (most in school history)
– Finished 2nd to fellow Callaway staffer Thomas Pieters (University of Illinois) at the 2012 NCAA Men's Individual Championship
– 2013 Ben Hogan Award Finalist
– Won 2011 Allianz Open de Toulouse on the European Challenge Tour as an amateur
– Represented Europe twice in the Palmer Cup
– Won a PGA TOUR Canada qualifying school site this spring while still at TCU
“Julien has played Callaway Golf equipment for fours years of college, which is a testament to his loyalty,” said Nick Raffaele, Callaway VP of Pro Tour. “Our Tour Team has had the pleasure to follow his collegiate career, and more importantly to get to know just how great a person he is off the course. We're very fortunate to have Julien Brun on Team Callaway!”
Brun already has full exempt status for every PGA TOUR Canada event this summer, and he plans on attending Web.com Tour qualifying school this fall.
“I am excited to partner with Callaway Golf as I enter the next chapter of my career,” commented Brun. “I am confident that their products, service and player development support will help me achieve my goals as a professional. I am grateful and proud to be part of Team Callaway.”