Brooks Running is experiencing double digit growth this year in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). To better support and enable this growth, the company recently decided to reshape its leadership structure in the region. Specifically, Brooks organized its European business into three commercial territories (North, Central and South), each with its own business leader. Brooks also recently appointed a new EMEA sales director and EMEA marketing director.
“The growth we’re seeing in EMEA is incredibly exciting,” said Matt Dodge, managing director of Brooks EMEA. “We’re more focused than ever on delivering the best gear for all who run and inspiring people to run and be active. Ensuring that we have the right structure and people in place is key to being able to deliver on that commitment”.
The three Brooks territories in EMEA are led by Hamish Stewart, Bastian Huebschen and Coke Salvans:
- Hamish Stewart is responsible for the Northern territory, which includes the United Kingdom, Benelux and the company’s European Trade and Distribution business. Hamish has held a number of leadership positions in both the US and Europe during his more than 25-year career at Brooks.
- Bastian Huebschen will continue to be responsible for the Central territory, overseeing Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Bastian has been with Brooks for more 16 years.
- Coke Salvans is responsible for the Southern territory, which includes Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. Coke, who joined Brooks in October, brings over 20 years of experience in the sporting goods industry in Southern Europe.
“We believe that this new leadership structure will enable our highly capable country teams to continue leading in their respective markets, each of which have their own distinct characteristics,” continued Matt Dodge. “At the same time, this structure will also help us create more strategic alignment across our European business.”
Brooks also recently appointed a new EMEA Sales Director and EMEA Marketing Director.
- Franck Mesnage was promoted to EMEA Sales Director on September 1. Prior to his promotion, Franck served as the company’s Country Manager in France and Benelux.
- Jim Miles joined Brooks as EMEA Marketing Director on November 1. Jim joins Brooks from the media agency Starcom where he most recently served as Global Business Director. Jim succeeds Austin Simms who was promoted into a global role at Brooks as VP of Marketing, Digital and Strategy in September.
Image courtesy Brooks