Broder Bros., Co. announced the appointment of Vince Tyra as President and CEO, and David Hollister as Senior Vice President and CFO. On December 5, it was announced Allen H. Menard, CEO, resigned for personal reasons. The company also announced Tom Frank, CFO, is leaving to become the CFO of a NASDAQ national market company.
In September 2003 Broder Bros. acquired Alpha Shirt Company, a leading distributor in the imprintable sportswear industry. The combined company offers an unparalleled product base and level of customer service.
In connection with the appointments of Mr. Tyra and Mr. Hollister, Broder Bros. announced that it has reached agreement with the following executives to continue their employment with Broder in the positions indicated:
- Mark Barrocas, Executive Vice President and President of Alpha Division of Broder Bros., Co. Mr. Barrocas will also be a Director of Broder Bros., Co. Mr. Barrocas had been the Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Alpha Shirt Company.
- Glenn Putnam, Executive Vice President, Purchasing of Broder Bros., Co. Mr. Putnam had been Vice President, Purchasing at Alpha Shirt Company.
- Tim VandeMerkt, Vice President, Distribution of Broder Bros. Mr. VandeMerkt had held the same position at Alpha Shirt Company.
- Norm Hullinger, Vice President, Operations of Broder Bros. This is the position Mr. Hullinger had prior to Broder's acquisition of Alpha Shirt.
- Dan Shear, Vice President, Finance of Broder Bros. Mr. Shear had been Controller at Alpha Shirt Company.
- Mike Fabrico, Vice President, Information Technology of Broder Bros., Co. Mr. Fabrico, had been Director, Information Technology at Alpha Shirt Company.
- David Grobisen, Vice President, Sales of Alpha Division. Mr. Grobisen had been Vice President, Sales of Alpha Shirt Company.
- Dori Bennett, Vice President, Sales of Broder Division. Ms. Bennett had been Vice President, Sales and Marketing at Broder prior to the acquisition of Alpha Shirt.
- Richard Emrich, Vice President, Human Resources of Broder Bros., Co. Mr. Emrich had held the same position at Alpha Shirt Company prior to the acquisition.
“This new management team reflects a level of integration that captures the operational strengths of two great companies,” commented Edward Conard, Managing Director of Bain Capital. “Broder Bros., Co. is now strongly-positioned within the rapidly growing imprintable sportswear industry to capitalize on the benefits of this integrated enterprise.”