Athleta and Allyson Felix are joining forces to empower women and girls through sports. In a wide-reaching partnership, Felix, one of the most decorated track and field athletes in U.S. history, will become Athleta’s first-ever sponsored athlete.
Athleta said Felix joins Athleta as an athlete, mother and activist, in support of a female athlete’s holistic life.
“In talking with Athleta, it quickly became clear—this was the right fit,” said Felix. “It was important for me to find a partner that championed my values. I am particularly moved by the community of women and girls Athleta is empowering through sport. I feel powerful when I step on the track in Athleta, representing this community.”
Key elements of the partnership include:
- Felix and Athleta will work together on initiatives to empower women and girls through sports – building confidence and encouraging voice.
- Felix will partner with Athleta’s design team on the development of high-performance run and train products, including plans for multiple product collaborations.
- Felix will play a key role in Athleta’s 2020 Power of She campaign, celebrating the power of the female collective.
- Athleta will be Felix’s exclusive apparel sponsorship.
- Athleta introduced the partnership by publishing a letter to Felix in the New York Times.
“We were so moved by Allyson’s purpose and passion, on and off the track, especially as she spoke to the unique experience of female athletes,” said Athleta CMO Sheila Shekar Pollak. “Allyson is giving women and girls the confidence to raise their voices; demonstrating the power in the collective. We are thrilled to welcome her to our family. She is an inspiration to all of us.”
Felix competed in her first race since giving birth at the U.S.A. Track & Field Outdoor Championships on July 25-28 wearing Athleta’s all-new Lightning Crop and Short in SuperSonic.
Photo courtesy Athleta