Alterra Mountain Company closed on the purchase of Snow Valley Mountain Resort, adding another Southern California destination to its regional portfolio.
“The acquisition of Snow Valley Mountain Resort is a continuation of our ongoing mission to build a premier portfolio of great mountains in robust markets,” said Jared Smith, president & CEO, Alterra Mountain Company. “As we do with all our destinations, we are excited to invest essential capital in enhancing the on-site employee and guest experience to further strengthen our offerings to skiers and riders in Southern California.”
The new three-mountain experience will allow skiers and riders to progress from beginner to expert terrain. The addition of the resort also offers guests access to Southern California’s only chairlift-serviced sledding area during the winter season.
“Snow Valley Mountain Resort has been a treasured destination since 1924 and, together, we will continue its incredible legacy,” said Kevin Somes, vice president and general manager, Snow Valley Mountain Resort.
Alterra Mountain Company’s 16 mountain destinations are in six states and three Canadian provinces, including:
- Colorado—Steamboat and Winter Park
- California—Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, and Snow Valley Mountain Resort
- Utah—Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort
- Vermont—Stratton and Sugarbush
- Washington—Crystal Mountain
- West Virginia—West Virginia
- British Columbia—CMH Heli-Skiing and Summer Adventures
- Ontario—Blue Mountain