“The new additions to the Adidas x Parley collection are another step in our journey to creating one million pairs of UltraBoost from up-cycled marine plastic,” said Mathias Amm, product category director at Adidas Running.
Adidas has released the Parley editions of UltraBoost, UltraBoost X and UltraBoost Uncaged shoes in a fresh blue colorway inspired by the shades of the ocean.
Using marine plastic debris, Adidas is turning a threat into a thread to form signature elements of its iconic performance-led designs. The partnership reflects both parties’ commitment to the oceans through a mutual focus on the implementation of the Parley A.I.R Strategy – avoiding virgin plastic, intercept plastic waste and redesigning new alternatives.
Reusing an average of 11 plastic bottles per pair, UltraBppst Parley, Parley UltraBoost X and UltraBoost Uncaged Parley feature laces, heel webbing, heel lining and sock liner covers made from recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) material. Not only do the latest additions to the Adidas Parley collection have a purpose, they also deliver the same elite performance with every stride.
- Primeknit – wraps the foot to supply lightweight comfort and fit; made from up to 95 percent Parley Ocean Plastic
- Heel fit counter system – supportive heel construction, designed to enable free motion of the Achilles
- Torsion system – made from a renewable source, the system supports the foot’s natural flex from heel to toe
- Rubber outsole – with superior grip that adapts to every runner’s foot strike by moving in harmony with boost to provide a smoother and more flexible ride
- Boost –Ultra-responsive comfort and cushioning that stores and returns energy every time the foot hits the ground
- UltraBoost X Parley features the distinctive adaptive arch, ensuring freedom of movement during a run, for increased comfort and support