SportsOneSource has announced the honorees for the ninth annual SGB 40 Under 40 Awards.
This year’s class contains individuals from all corners of the sporting goods and active-lifestyle industry, who are recognized as leaders making a difference in their businesses and the market.
The 40 recipients were selected by a panel of SportsOneSource analysts, editors and industry executives from more than 400 nominations received.
“These awards are a way to recognize the great work done by younger leaders in our industry,” said James Hartford, president and CEO of SportsOneSource, which publishes SGB. “The extraordinary and diverse talent nominated again this year made it difficult to narrow the list to just 40 people. We drew very strong support from past honorees and other industry leaders to select a prestigious group of individuals and it is our pleasure to honor this next generation of leaders.”
This year’s group will be feted at a private event in Salt Lake City during Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2016. The honorees also will be featured in the spring edition of SGB Magazine, publishing in June.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, advertising and event details, contact Teresa Hartford at 303.997.7302 or e-mail email@example.com.
The 2016 Honorees are:
- Kurt Ainsworth, CEO & Co-Founder, Marucci Sports
- Brian Beckstead, Founder & VP Sales, Altra
- Ellyn Biedscheid, CFO, Hydro Flask
- Courtney Blacker, Director, Brand Marketing, The North Face
- Robert Bowers, VP Strategy, Total Hockey, Inc.
- Colin Butts, Marketing Director, Chaco
- Ken Chandley, Senior Category Manager, Nations Best Sports
- Nikolai Christensen, VP Product, Keen Footwear
- Scott Contway, Buyer, Dunhams Sporting Goods
- Adam Craig, Director, National Sales, Columbia Sportswear Company
- Kathy Dalby, Owner & CEO, Pacers Running
- Katie Darling, Senior Director, Merchandising Puma North America
- Jennifer Farmer, Director, Merchandising & E-commerce, Crocs, Inc.
- Willie Ford, Managing Director, POC North America
- Golden Harper, Founder & Product Development, Altra
- Wendy Hofstetter, Senior Director E-Commerce, The Finish Line, Inc. (JackRabbit)
- Jeremy Howlett, Co-Founder & Marketing Social Media, Altra
- Grant Knudson, Global Head Footwear, Puma Golf
- Russell Laeding, Divisional Merchandise Manager, Stream, Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Brandy Lamb, Senior Brand Manager, OFD/Mountain House Foods
- Kim Lewis, VP Omni-Channel, Golfsmith International
- Aaron Liebert, CEO, Rally House
- Jason Lippenberger, Vice President, D.A. Davidson & CO.
- Josh Luber, Founder, Stock X
- Katie Meizer, Director, R.W. Baird
- Megan Morrissey, VP Marketing, Thule
- Brian Murphy, VP Corporate Development, Vista Outdoor
- Spencer Orr, VP Design & Merchandising, Canada Goose
- Kelly Olmstead, Senior Director of Marketing Communications, Adidas
- John Peters, Senior Director, Sales & Member Services, Sports & Fitness Industry Association
- Joe Prebich, Director of Marketing, Fjallraven North America
- John Sears, VP Product Development & Design, Gregory
- Jennifer Shea, National Sales Manager, Honey Stinger
- Peter Shean, VP Sales, Hi-Tec, Magnum USA
- Tsedo Sherpa, COO, Sherpa Adventure Gear
- Davis Smith, Founder & CEO, Cotopaxi
- Lindsey Sweeney, Divisional Merchandise Manager, Athletic Footwear, Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Sarah Townes, VP Marketing, Gander Mountain
- George Ward, CFO, OluKai
- Claire Wood, Product Line Manager, New Balance