Under Armour added more than 30 million users to the Under Armour’s Connected Fitness community, ending 2016 with more than 190 million users worldwide.
Among the year’s stats for the Connected Fitness community:
- In 2016, users tracked nearly 800 million workouts and took more than 1.5 trillion steps.
- According to Under Armour data scientists, it takes an average of 2K steps to walk one mile. That means, collectively, Connect users walked 750 million miles!… or over 30,000 trips around the world.
- Millennials and Gen Xers were the most active age group in 2016. Those aged 25-44 logged 57 percent of the total workouts logged from all users.
- Running was the most popular workout logged, with the average run logged at 3.1 miles (or 5K).
- Nature rules! Hiking was the fastest-growing activity this year – users logged 78 percent more hikes in 2016, compared to last year.
- What does healthy eating look like for our community? Eggs, Coffee and Bananas! These were the top three logged foods among the community.
- And everyone knows how important sleep is. Johns Hopkins Medicine recommends 7.5-8.5 hours of sleep for adults. Our community trended closer to the 7 hour mark, logging an average of 6.94 hours/night in 2016.
- Sleeping in on weekends? Our community logged about 40 minutes more sleep on weekends – but it came at a cost. Sleep quality went down by 10 percent and users were about 25 percent less likely to workout.
A full infographic is available on the UA Record blog here, which includes more detail and findings.