The SportsOneSource Group has announced the honorees for the sixth annual SGB 40 Under 40 Awards. This years class again contains individuals from all corners of the sporting good industry who are recognized as leaders making a difference in their businesses and the market. The forty recipients were selected by a panel of SportsOneSource analysts, editors and industry executives from more than 400 nominations received from around the sporting goods industry.
“These awards are a way to recognize the great work done by younger leaders in our industry,” said James Hartford, president, CEO of The SportsOneSource Group, which publishes the SGB trade publication. “The extraordinary and diverse talent nominated again this year made it difficult to narrow the list to just forty people. We drew very strong support from prior honorees and other industry leaders to select a prestigious group of individuals and it is our pleasure to honor the next generation of leaders.”
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, advertising and event invitations, contact SportsOneSource at 303.997.7302 or e-mail at under40@SportsOneSource.com.
The 2013 Honorees:
- Aimee Arana, Category Sales Director – Action Sports, Nike Inc
- Tim Bantle, Director of Apparel, Black Diamond Equipment
- Simon Bonham, CEO, Hi-Tec Sports USA
- Jackie Brown, Active Lifestyle Category Business Director, Merrell
- TJ Ciaravino, VP Sales and Marketing, Worldwide Sport Supply
- Kris Dahlgren, President, Dahlgren Footwear Company
- Scott Daley, Head Of Classics, Reebok International
- Matt DiLorenzo, CEO, TYR Sport Inc.
- Mike Etienne, Merchandise Manager, Turners Outdoorsman
- Louise Formby, President, Tiedman & Formby Vintage Athletic Co.
- Antonio Gray, Apparel Buyer, DTLR
- Greg Greenberg, President/GMM, ESCO Ltd., Shoe City
- Damien Huang, SVP Design and Merchandising, Eddie Bauer
- Salym Hunter, VP Footwear Development, DC Shoes
- Mark Ish, SVP Sales & Marketing, Trigger Point Performance
- Vanessa Walton Keefe, VP Marketing, Charles River Apparel
- Paul Labarbera, Teva Design Director, Deckers Outdoors
- Jules Lambert, President, Probar, LLC
- Janica Lane, Partner, Partnership Capital Growth
- Bridgit Lombard, EVP, Penguin Brands, Inc. / Nathan
- Marc Misiewicz, Senior Key Account Manager, Brooks Sports
- David Mosse, Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Charles Murray, Footwear Buyer, Hibbett Sports
- Daniel Near, Director of Consumer Products Licensing, National Hockey League
- Marisa Nicholson, Sales Manager, Nielsen/Outdoor Retailer
- Kyle Orme, DMM Sporting Goods, Meijer, Inc.
- Brian Phillips, VP Business Development, Big Rock Sports, LLC
- Carey Platto, Director Outdoor Footwear, The North Face
- Joey Pointer, CFO, Fleet Feet Sports, LLC
- Ian Pund, Field Sales, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Dani Reiss, President & CEO, Canada Goose, Inc.
- Doug Smiley, Business Unit Manager – Running Footwear, Mizuno
- Laura St. George, VP Sales, Gared
- Joe Suboticki, Kids Footwear Buyer, Champs Sports
- I Ling Thompson, VP Marketing and Communications, Outdoor Industry Association
- Colin True, Account Manager, Polartec
- Eric Tung, President, Fera International Corp.
- Melissa Valentine, Manager Business Development, Franklin Retail Solutions
- Katie Wagner, Wholesale Channel Director – Americas, Crocs Footwear
- Zeev Feig, CEO & Founder, Zensah
The 2013 honorees will be featured in the May issue of SGB magazine.