Team Sports Specialist (5 openings)
Locations: Midwest, Southeast, Northeast, Central, West Coast
REPORTS TO: Team Sports Sales Manager
Responsible for pro-actively generating and maintaining Team Sports Accounts.
Responsible for driving Team Sports business into new markets (schools, teams, etc.) within the region. Achieve established market share objectives for High Schools and Colleges. Will be assigned special projects impacting brand awareness throughout the region. Develop
relationships with Team Dealers within assigned territory. Train Team Dealers and Sales Reps on New Balance product and sales programs. Assist with school presentations and promotions. Determine and monitor sales
activities of competitors within the territory/region. Will assist with the development of the budget for the territory. Responsible for completing and maintaining a territory plan, dealer growth plan, and forecasting team products for the team accounts. Assist Field Sales
Representatives with account visits by providing contacts, product information, program information, dealer information etc.
- Attend grassroots events to promote New Balance brand awareness and sales opportunities.
- Develop Team Sports Accounts by pro-actively building relationships with coaches from High Schools, Colleges, Youth Leagues and sports camps.
- Maintain Team Dealer relationships to insure customer satisfaction between New Balance, the schools and the dealers.
- Establish new relationships with current Team Dealers by providing information on new product, programs, and
insuring timely delivery and service.
- Assist Team Dealers with developing strategies for advertising, merchandising and promotions.
- Aware of New Balances margin goals, strategies for advertising, merchandising and promotions and can appropriately relay these to the Team Dealers,
Coaches and Athletes.
- Participate in team clinics and events both inside
and outside the territory. May develop and coordinate clinics within their specialty to establish greater brand awareness within the territory.
- Drive new team business into new markets (schools, teams, etc.) within the region through specialty sales.
- Determines target markets and trend awareness to
assure efforts and budgets are emphasized for optimal sales results.
- Collects and updates information on competitor products, programs and services to insure New Balance is operating at a competitive level within the territory.
- Develops and maintains a territory plan to measure activity and progress of team sports key accounts against quotas and dealer growth plan to monitor the sales, service and ranking of the team dealers within
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience required with 4 years of directly related experience, prefer experience in a team sports environment.
- Basic computer skills required include Microsoft Office as well as Sales Database and/or customer relationship management system.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), will be required to be able to present to a wide variety of customers and management.
- Project management skills are also required.
- Frequent travel is required – approx. 75% of the time.
Contact: Dan Benson Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer