New Era Cap Company is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to provide leadership and direction on strategic projects and initiatives that support the New Era Cap growth strategies. The Strategic Project Manager reports to the VP of Alliances and receives tactical direction from the Executive Team.
- Oversee project timelines and ensure that overall project objectives are achieved.
- Act as an advisor supporting functional and cross functional teams to facilitate the definition of projects, gathering data, analyzing and developing improvements and innovations, and preparing presentations to communicate project status.
- Work with project leaders, guiding them to:
> Create the right project sponsorship
> Map, investigate, analyze and drive improvements to critical business processes that meet objectives
> Assess business process efficiency and performance
> Manage projects to ensure proper achievement of results
> Identify financial and non-financial goals
- Utilize Change Management and Project Management processes and ensure those processes are embedded in each project or initiative within New Era Cap.
- Ensure appropriate resources are made available to each team.
- Coordinate benchmarking and external analysis (Subject Matter Expert Workshops, company visits, etc.)
- Identify and share best practices and external technologies that enhance project management and productivity.
- Educate, communicate and excite the organization on Operational Excellence and Project Management.
Through seven to ten years of experience in the manufacturing industry (preferably in apparel, footwear, consumer goods) you must be able to demonstrate acquired skill and measurable success in each of the following areas:
- Creating vision, driving change, and influencing people & decision making
- Project Management
- Consulting with and managing large, cross functional teams
- Process Improvement and Operational Excellence techniques such as Project Planning, Statistical Process Control, Critical Path Analysis
- Excellent skill using IT applications to organize and analyze data; i.e. Excel, MS Project
Through experience, you must be able demonstrate achievement over time in all of the following areas:
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong sense of urgency to complete projects and maintain timelines.
- Ability to work harmoniously and productively with all levels of the organization.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and positive leader who manages change with urgency and persistence.
- Authentic and compelling communication style.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred. This position is based in Derby, NY.
New Era Cap Company, Inc., the largest manufacturer of sports caps in the world, is also the most preferred amongst fans and participants everywhere. Since the companys inception in 1920, New Era Cap has been serving professional and amateur sports enthusiasts throughout the United States and abroad. Its founder, Ehrhardt Koch, saw cap making as a labor of love that has been nurtured by generations of his descendents who manage the company to this day. To the family of employees that make up the company, cap making is more than just a business; its a way of life. New Eras team of over 1,200 dedicated people create and manufacture caps with the same dedication and standard of quality known to its founder. Our commitment to this concept is what makes New Era Cap number one.
Equal Opportunity Employer