Five sports technology startups – Brizi, HorseAnalytics GmbH, Kymira, Season Share and Wyp Aviation – are being featured at the the ninth annual SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event.
The event takes place takes place on March 11 and March 12 during the SXSW Startup Village Track at the Hilton Downtown Austin as part of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festival.
According to the SXSW website, the five finalists in the Sports Technologies category are:
- Brizi ( Toronto, Canada) automates and monetizes fan content in stadiums. Augmented Reality robotic cameras are remote-controlled by fans to instantly snap & share photos of themselves;
- HorseAnalytics (GmbH Hannover, Niedersachsen, Germany) empowers horse enthusiasts to monitor and improve health and training of horses by applying reliable technologies from health and sports supervision and combining constant and real-time scientific analytics;
- Kymira (Reading, United Kingdom) developed a disruptive business model do deliver medical innovation through their Sportswear brand. They’re developing the smart clothing of tomorrow for a cleaner, safer and healthier planet.
- Season Share ( Los Angeles, CA) is proprietary mobile technology for buying & sharing season tickets;
- Wyp Aviation ( Huntsville, AL) is developing WingBoard, a new extreme sport. It’s like wakeboarding, but instead of standing on water behind a boat, the user is dragged through the clouds behind an airplane.
Overall, the SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event showcases 50 finalists. Sports is a new category along with Transportation and Security and Privacy.
“This year’s class of finalists are the best we’ve ever seen in the nine years we have been organizing this competition. I’m particularly excited about the diverse innovation we are seeing from all over the world – it’s the globalization of the startup ecosystem, and Accelerator is right at the heart of it. A couple of the most prevalent trends reflected across SXSW as a whole involve artificial intelligence and health and wearable technologies, and we are seeing an anticipated rise of innovation in non-traditional sectors, highlighted by our new categories,” said SXSW Accelerator Event Producer Chris Valentine.
Finalists in each category include:
“Augmented & Virtual Reality”: Fibrum, Holojam, Lampix, Oncomfort Onc, Teleporter VR
“Enterprise & Smart Data”: Deep 6 Analytics, Helixworks Technologies, LivingLens, Metadata, Speechmatics
“Entertainment & Content”: Haste, Laugh.ly, MuuseLabs, Novel Effect, Triseum
“Health & Wearables”: Bloomlife, iSono Health, Litmus Health, Saathi, Sound Scouts
“Innovative World”: AnyQuip, envi, FishViews, Makerarm, Thimble.io
“Payment & FinTech”: AssetVault, CNote, Envudu, Hip Pocket, Kickfurther
“Security & Privacy”: Emergent Network Defense, Secr Secure, umboCV, UnifyID, Uplevel Security
“Social & Culture”: 4Gifters, Envy, Lily, Module, NextBillion
“Sports”: Brizi, HorseAnalytics GmbH, Kymira, Season Share, Wyp Aviation
“Transportation”: Driver Watchdog, Fingertips Lab, HAAS Alert, Spatial.ia, SPLT
For a complete list of the 2017 Finalists, including alternates, and the Accelerator Pitch Event judges, visit: https://www.sxsw.com/apply-to-participate/sxsw-accelerator/.
The first 25 companies will present on Saturday, March 11, followed by the second half of finalists on Sunday, March 12. The pitch competition will then culminate with the SXSW Accelerator Awards Ceremony on Sunday evening, March 12 at the Hilton Downtown Austin, where one winning startup from each category will be announced and honored.
To learn more about SXSW’s Startup Village, visit: https://www.sxsw.com/conference/startup-village/.