BOULDER, COLO. (May 16, 2019) – Ultimate Direction, the first hydration pack company, has re-signed Scott Jurek to its ambassador team for 2019.
Jurek (pictured) is the most successful ultrarunner of all time, previous holder of the fastest known time on the Appalachian Trail, and a New York Times best selling author. Jurek was fundamental to the creation of UD’s iconic Signature Series hydration vests.
Karel Sabbe, current Appalachian Trail fastest known time holder and the last man standing at this year’s Barkley Marathons, joins the UD ambassador team for the 2019 season. He currently holds the fastest known time for the Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail.
“Scott continues to reinvent himself in the sport, first as a super successful racer, next as an author and public personality and now as someone who draws motivation from personal projects like the Appalachian Trail,” said Buzz Burrell, Ultimate Direction Brand Manager and the person who popularized the term “FKT.” “We are continuing to support Scott’s goals because they are always relevant and inspiring.”
Additional new UD ambassadors include Latoya Shauntay-Snell, a runner and chef who speaks credibly about body positivity and inclusivity for all people in the sport. Taylor Nowlin holds the Grand Canyon’s Rim-To-Rim-To-Rim fastest known time which she took during a week when the record changed hands three different times.
- Ashleigh Thompson – Ashleigh is a runner, PhD student and member of Natives Outdoors, an organization that brings Native people more recreation opportunities.
- Camelia Mayfield – In 2018 Camelia was 7th at the Western States Endurance Run. She will look to improve her result there in 2019.
- Gabe Joyes – Gabe is a 4th place finisher at the Hardrock 100, school teacher and race director based in Wyoming.
- Gavin Coombs – Gavin is a Colorado ultra runner who has taken podium places at the Behind the Rocks and Pikes Peak Ultras.
- Kris Mendoza – Kris won the World’s Toughest Mudder in 2018 and is one of the best obstacle course racers today.
- Kylee Ohler – Kylee is the most decorated Canadian Ski Mountaineer today. 2018-2019 season highlights include representing Canada at the Skimo World Championship and best North American finish at Trofeo Mezzalama.
- Nate Bender – Nate set a top-five best FKT of 2018 by completing the Montana 12s, summiting every Montana peak 12,000 feet and higher in one continuous push.
- Ronnie Delzer – Ronnie is a 100-mile specialist who won the Brazos Bend 100 and Rocky Raccoon 100 milers in 2018.
See the entire Ultimate Direction ambassador team by visiting: ultimatedirection.com/ambassadors/.
About Ultimate Direction
In 1985 Ultimate Direction invented the first waist pack for carrying bottles. A few years later they designed the first hand-held water bottle carrier and numerous innovations defining the hydration pack category for endurance and every-day athletes. 35 years later the brand remains credible and critical to the world’s most passionate athletes. Ultimate Direction is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Visit ultimatedirection.com