Outdoor Retailer (OR) released the finalist for its 13th annual Inspiration Awards. This year’s recipients will be announced at a live awards ceremony on the second night of OR Summer Show, on June 20, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, open to all OR attendees.
A panel of independent judges determined the 2023 finalists across five categories: individual, emerging leader, manufacturer, nonprofit organization, and retailer. They include:
- Individual: Becky Rom, Will “Akuna” Robinson, Alma Busby-Williams
- Emerging Leader: Cassie Abel, James Merrill, Brian Mister
- Manufacturer: Buff, GU Energy Labs, ILLA
- Nonprofit: Adaptive Adventures, SOS Outreach, Youth Empowerment Stewards (YES) Internship Program
- Retailer: Alpinistas, Ascent Outdoors, Great Outdoor Provision Company
“All of this year’s finalists are committed to building a better experience – both in the outdoors and to improve the overall quality of life, and they’re focused on providing more sustainable and inclusive pathways toward outdoor recreation,” said Marisa Nicholson, OR’s senior vice president and show director. “Their work and their passions inspire others to think beyond the ordinary and embrace the joy that nature provides. Our whole industry is grateful for what they do, and we’re excited to celebrate the finalists and see the recipients announced at the awards ceremony at Outdoor Retailer this summer.”
OR Summer show runs from June 19 to 21 at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, UT.