Who: OluKai Footwear and the Chef Hui Group
What: A portion of all proceeds from OluKai’s Island Flower collection will give back to the place that inspired their design through the Chef Hui Group.
- The Chef Hui Group consists of local farmers, chefs and restaurants throughout Hawaii coming together to serve their community and deepen their connection to the local food system.
- This organization supports farmers, independent producers, ‘āina based organizations and restaurants to provide meals for people in Hawaiian communities that are less fortunate.
- The collection celebrates the official flowers of all four Hawaiian islands, with each island having its own official flower.
- O’ahu’s flower is the ‘Llima Hibiscus
- Maui’s flower is the non-native Lokelani Rose
- Hawai’i Island is the endangered “Ōhiʻa Lehua
- Kaua’i is the Mokihana Berry
- The flower art, created by a Hawaiian artist adorns the straps of both the Men’s and Women’s styles and the island and flower name are laser etched into the footbed of the heel to provide a special story for those who wear them.
- Women’s Island Flower Collection, Men’s Island Flower Collection
- Link to hi-res images: Island Flower Collection
When: Available now at OluKai.com
Why: Hawaiʻi’s economy is heavily based on tourism and has been hit harder than most. OluKai would like to use the Island Flower collection, created to celebrate the natural beauty of the Islands, as a way to further give back to the communities there that have been adversely impacted.
“Chef Hui’s mission is simply to connect people to their food and those who produce. Since COVID, we have amplified these efforts with a focus on providing locally sourced meals and meal kits to underserved communities statewide. With the generous support from OluKai we are able to keep farmers farming, chefs cooking and communities fed.” – Amanda Corby Noguchi
About OluKai: OluKai is a sought-after lifestyle brand that believes everyone, no matter where they are, can live Aloha. OluKai products feature thoughtful design elements and handcrafted details inspired by the ocean lifestyle. We are committed to partnering with best-of-class retailers with whom we share an unwavering pursuit of excellence. OluKai’s spirit is shared by others through the Ama OluKai Foundation, a 501(c)(3) created to formalize the company’s giveback initiatives. Every OluKai sold supports Ama OluKai Foundation’s mission in Hawaii. For more information visit OluKai.com or #AnywhereAloha.