SGB Media is the leading provider of market news, compelling content and expert analysis serving the sports, outdoor, and active lifestyle markets.
The focus of the SGB Updates has consistently been on relevant industry business news regarding financial news, mergers & acquisitions, association news, new hires and promotions, and other business-related themes. SGB Media also creates original content—sometimes based on releases we receive—that delves deeper into a category, subject or trend.
SGB Media editorial policy excludes Press Releases that primarily consist of marketing or promotional announcements. This policy maintains the integrity of news focus of the SGB Updates but it also limits the ability for brands and PR firms to broadcast their product, promotional and marketing messages to the extensive SGB Media audience.
To serve the needs of this important constituency, SGB Media is pleased to announce the launch of the SGB Media PR Partner Press Release Program, providing a range of paid options for guaranteed publication of approved press releases.
- SGB Media reaches up to 50,000 targeted Industry Insiders, Executives, and Participants every business day.
- Companies and PR firms are able to post press releases directly to the SGBonline.com platform for consideration for publication*.
- Anyone wishing to post releases directly will apply for an SGB PR Partner Contributor access login/password to the site.
- SGB Media Editorial Director approves the posting prior to going Live on the site*.
- Approved Press Releases will be posted on a dedicated page at SGBonline.com and will also have dedicated real estate on the right sidebar of many news pages. These releases may also appear in our twice-daily SGB Update email newsletters*.
How Does it Work?
- WordPress-based platform
- Easy, template-guided posting
- Draft and edit your own Press Release
- Embargo-friendly scheduling available
Guidelines For Posting Press Releases To The Site
SGB’s editorial staff reviews all press releases before distribution to ensure that content is newsworthy, accurate and in an acceptable press release format and meets SGB Guidelines for posting.
Following review, SGB editors have the final say in determining what content is appropriate for distribution on the SGB PR platform. Users are responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted to the portal.
SGB Editors do not review press releases until the user/uploader moves the press release to “Pending Review.” Once a press release is approved and posted to the SGB PR site by SGB editors, the press release is live and cannot be altered or changed by the user/uploader or SGB Editors.
Active press releases will be removed from the site at the user/uploader’s request by emailing the Editor-In-Chief | Creative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The use of the site is not a vehicle to sell product(s) (with MSRP’s) or solicit business. It is a medium to distribute your news to interested parties in the b2b Active Outdoor space. You should be telling a story that creates a connection and makes people interested in your brand / your client’s brand.
- The use of the site is not a vehicle for Kickstarter campaigns.
- We understand that errors happen. When they do, please email email@example.com with the subject line
“URGENT | Press Release Correction” and the information to make the change.
- The site follows Guidelines from the Associated Press and SGB Stylebooks.
- Once SGB makes a press release Live, the release format cannot be changed. Only corrections to the information in the release.
- All Headlines/Dek/Sub-Heds – Title Case only, no CAP locks
- No Trademark symbols in Headline/Dek – no CAP locks
- Bold Font only in the body or About sections of text with a limit of 6 words, no CAP locks
- Body + About Sections, no italicized type, unless a specific name requires italicizing (i.e., publication name)
- No CAP locks on words in the body or About sections unless the words relate to a company name or registered product name
- Word count may not exceed 600 words in the body of the post
- Hot Links may not exceed Six (Body + About Section)
- Video Link One allowed. Must be hot-linked to a public site; i.e., Vimeo, Utube
- Lead image must be horizontal at 900 x 500 pixels
- No more than three images in the post (body + lead). Images can be horizontal, vertical or both.
- Remove www. from all hot links. The designation is not necessary to call out a website when hot-linked.
- No posts associated with boosting the status or material in another print or digital publication of any kind.
- No promotional messages directed toward “other media channels” including television, film, print, mobile and digital
- No news feeds
- related to the beer or spirits industries
- music industry
- Job Advertisement
- political advocacy
- profanity or vulgarity
- derogatory commentary toward/against other brands, people, shows, etc.
Contact SGB Media:
To apply and begin posting Press Releases, contact PRsales@SGBonline.com or call 303.578.7004.
Already Approved To Post Press Releases?
Login to the posting portal to Draft and Submit a Press Release*.
Need instruction or training?
* You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and expressly agree to absolve SGB Media of any responsibility and/or liability in this regard.
* If SGB Media reasonably believes that an account and password is being used/misused in any manner, SGB Media reserves the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice and block access to all users from that IP address. Furthermore, you shall be entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify SGB Media immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. SGB Media will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account; however, you could be held liable for losses incurred by SGB Media or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
* SGB Media reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any comments, articles and user-generated content from the Site that we believe may be prohibited or inappropriate.