SGB Media is the leading provider of market news, compelling content and expert analysis serving the sports, outdoor, and active lifestyle markets.
The focus of the SGB Updates has consistently been on relevant industry business news regarding financial news, mergers & acquisitions, association news, new hires and promotions, and other business-related themes. SGB Media also creates original content—sometimes based on releases we receive—that delves deeper into a category, subject or trend.
SGB Media editorial policy excludes Press Releases that primarily consist of marketing or promotional announcements. This policy maintains the integrity of news focus of the SGB Updates but it also limits the ability for brands and PR firms to broadcast their product, promotional and marketing messages to the extensive SGB Media audience.
To serve the needs of this important constituency, SGB Media is pleased to announce the launch of the SGB Media PR Partner Press Release Program, providing a range of paid options for guaranteed publication of approved press releases.
- SGB Media reaches up to 50,000 targeted Industry Insiders, Executives, and Participants every business day.
- Companies and PR firms are able to post press releases directly to the SGBonline.com platform for consideration for publication*.
- Anyone wishing to post releases directly will apply for an SGB PR Partner Contributor access login/password to the site.
- SGB Media Editorial Director approves the posting prior to going Live on the site*.
- Approved Press Releases will be posted on a dedicated page at SGBonline.com and will also have dedicated real estate on the right sidebar of many news pages. These releases may also appear in our twice-daily SGB Update email newsletters*.
How Does it Work?
- WordPress-based platform
- Easy, template-guided posting
- Draft and edit your own Press Release
- Embargo-friendly scheduling available
Contact SGB Media: To apply and begin posting Press Releases, contact PRsales@SGBonline.com or call 303.578.7004.
Already Approved To Post Press Releases? Login to the posting portal to Draft and Submit a Press Release*.
Need instruction or training? Contact PRsales@SGBonline.com
Guidelines For Posting Press Releases To The Site
SGB editors review all press releases before distribution to ensure that content is newsworthy, accurate and in an acceptable press release format and meets SGB Guidelines for posting. Following review, SGB editors have the final say in determining what content is appropriate for distribution on the SGB PR platform. Users are responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted to the portal. SGB Editors do not review press releases until the user/uploader moves the press release to “Pending Review.” Once a press release is approved and posted to the SGB PR site by SGB editors, the press release is live news and cannot be altered or changed by the user/uploader or SGB editors. Active press releases will be removed from the Press Release Portal at the user/uploader’s request by emailing the Editor-in-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once removed, the press release cannot be backdated if reposted by the user/uploader.
- The use of the site is not a vehicle to sell product(s) with MSRP’s or solicit business. It is a medium to distribute news to interested parties in the b2b Active Outdoor space or tell a story that creates connection and makes readers interested in your brand or your client’s brand.
- SGB follows both AP Standard and SGB Style guidelines
- All Headlines/Dek/Sub-Heds – Title Case only
- No Trademark symbols in Headline/Dek
- Limit 6 bolded words in the Body + About Sections
- Word count may not exceed 600 words in the body of the post
- Hot Links may not exceed 6 (Body + About Section)
- Videos – one link allowed + hot-linked to a public site; i.e., Vimeo, Utube
- Lead image must be horizontal at 900 x 500 pixels
- No more than three images in total
- When hot-linked www. is not necessary
Unacceptable Press Releases Material
- Kickstarter campaigns
- Boosting the status or material content of another print or digital publication.
- Promotional messages directed toward “other media channels” including television, film, print, mobile and digital
- Beer or spirits industries
- Music industry
- Job search or Job advertisement
- Political advocacy
- Profanity or vulgarity
- Derogatory commentary toward/against other brands, people, shows, etc.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and expressly agree to absolve SGB Media of any responsibility and/or liability in this regard.
If SGB Media reasonably believes that an account and password is being used/misused in any manner, SGB Media reserves the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice and block access to all users from that IP address. Furthermore, you shall be entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify SGB Media immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. SGB Media will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account; however, you could be held liable for losses incurred by SGB Media or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
SGB Media reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any comments, articles and user-generated content from the Site that we believe may be prohibited or inappropriate.