SGB Media is the leading provider of market news, compelling content and expert analysis serving the active lifestyle B2B market.
Any releases posted in the SGB Media PR Portal will be reviewed for publication in one of the three segments where we are focused: SGB Update, SGB Today and SGB Executive.
SGB Update newsletters have consistently been focused on relevant industry business news regarding financial news, mergers & acquisitions, association news, new hires and promotions, and other business-related themes. SGB Media also creates original content — often based on releases we receive — that delves deeper into a category, subject or trend.
SGB Today is a midday email newsletter focused on Product Promotion, New Product Releases, New Brands, Product Marketing and Brand Marketing stories and initiatives. These are subject categories that we do not generally cover in the SGB Update newsletters.
Stories that are selected to run in SGB Today will also have coverage at the bottom of the SGB Update newsletters where press releases had previously been running. We will no longer publish a “Press Releases” segment on the SGBonline.com web site or in the SGB Update newsletters.
SGB Executive is original content focused on C-level reporting of business news, financial news, executive interviews, product category trends and industry initiatives of interest to current and future leaders in the active lifestyle industry.
SGB Media offers the SGB Media PR Portal Partner Program to provide PR firms and brands direct access to post their press releases for consideration for publishing on SGBonline.com and the SGB Media family of newsletters.
How Does it Work?
- WordPress-based platform
- Easy, template-guided posting
- Draft and edit your own Press Release
- Embargo-friendly scheduling available
Contact SGB Media: To apply and begin posting Press Releases, contact PRadmin@SGBonline.com.
Already Approved To Post Press Releases? Login to the posting portal to Draft and Submit a Press Release*.
Need instruction or training? Contact PRadmin@SGBonline.com
Guidelines For Posting Press Releases To The Site
SGB editors review all press releases before distribution to ensure that content is newsworthy, accurate and in an acceptable press release format and meets SGB Guidelines for posting. Following review, SGB editors have the final say in determining what content is appropriate for distribution on the SGB Media web site and newsletters. Users are responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted to the portal. SGB editors do not review press releases until the user/uploader moves the press release to “Pending Review.” Once a press release is approved and posted to the SGBonline.com web site by SGB editors, the press release is live news and cannot be altered or changed by the user/uploader or SGB editors. Active press releases will be removed from the Press Release Portal at the user/uploader’s request by emailing the Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com. Once removed, the press release cannot be backdated if reposted by the user/uploader.
A few posting parameters:
- SGB follows both AP Standard and SGB Media Styleguide guidelines
- All Headlines/Dek/Sub-Heds – Title Case only
- No Trademark symbols in Headline/Dek
- Limit 6 bolded words in the Body + About Sections
- Word count may not exceed 900 words in the body of the post
- Hot Links may not exceed 6 (Body + About Section)
- Videos – one link allowed + hot-linked to a public site; i.e., Vimeo, Utube
- Lead image must be horizontal at 900 x 500 pixels
- No more than three images in total
- When hot-linked www. is not necessary
Primary coverage and story publishing parameters for SGB Update, SGB Today, SGB Executive and SGBonline.com include the following areas:
- Active lifestyle industry brands and parent corporations.
- Active lifestyle industry retailers and parent corporations.
- Active lifestyle trade associations or trade shows that serve a constituency comprised primarily of active lifestyle industry brands, retailers or sales reps.
- Nationally recognized active lifestyle industry non-profit organizations that have a board of directors comprised primarily of current or former representatives of active lifestyle industry brands, retailers, sales reps or trade associations. We are not consumer-focused and intend to remain B2B-centric.
SGB Update stories selected for publishing must adhere to the strict guidelines we have observed over the last 20 years as we continue to strive to maintain our independent business voice and focus. The following parameters outline what will not be published in SGB Update from releases posted by PR Contributors:
- No product promotion, product marketing or brand marketing stories or initiatives.
- No fundraising initiatives advertised by brands, retailers, sales reps, trade associations or non-profits, including Shark Tank, Kickstarter, GoFundMe and other crowdfunding efforts.
- No boosting of the status or material content of another print or digital publication.
- No pre-order or product sales.
- No promotional messages directed toward “other media channels” including podcasts, television, film, print, mobile and digital.
- No promotion of events except active lifestyle industry trade shows, conferences, webinars, etc… unless there is a marketing partnership in place with SGB Media. Podcasts must be supported by an SGB Media marketing partnership.
- No coverage of non-endemic brands or companies unless supported by an SGB Media marketing partnership.
- No job search or recruiting posts or stories. New hires, promotions and personnel moves will continue to be covered in SGB Update.
- No political advocacy, political activism or social activism posts will be used in SGB Update. This type of story may be best placed in SGB Executive if it entails a brand, corporation or trade association or broader active lifestyle industry initiative. Please pitch the editorial team if you feel there is a bigger story or interview to be covered and make them aware of your post.
- SGB Media does not announce product Awards given by Consumer Publication
Please note, any PR posts that contain derogatory commentary toward/against other brands, people, shows, etc… or contain profanity or vulgarity will be deleted from the PR Portal. Any promotion of new retail accounts, clients or customers will also be deleted from the PR Portal and will not be published.
SGB Media reserves the right to publish or delete any post in the SGB Media PR Portal. There is no guarantee that any press release will be selected for publication in any of the SGB Media newsletters or SGBonline.com web site. Story selection is at the sole discretion of the editor managing each particular newsletter as long as the story content is within our SGB Media corporate guidelines.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and expressly agree to absolve SGB Media of any responsibility and/or liability in this regard.
If SGB Media reasonably believes that an account and password is being used/misused in any manner, SGB Media reserves the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice and block access to all users from that IP address. Furthermore, you shall be entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify SGB Media immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. SGB Media will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account; however, you could be held liable for losses incurred by SGB Media or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
SGB Media reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any comments, articles and user-generated content from the Site that we believe may be prohibited or inappropriate.