Outdoor Retailer on Wednesday unveiled 30 finalists for the second annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards, which recognize achievements in outdoor products, materials and services.
The finalists were selected by the panel of judges based on design, function and impact to advance to the final round, and winners will be announced at a live ceremony on the second night of Outdoor + Snow Show. The trade show runs January 29-31, 2020 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
“The Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards are truly an opportunity to celebrate the products and services pushing our industry forward, and we’re excited to recognize the 30 finalists in the second edition of these awards,” said Marisa Nicholson, Outdoor Retailer senior vice president and show director. “We saw an incredible number of entries as this awards platform continues to grow, demonstrating the breadth of brilliance evident in our community.”
Finalists were determined by the judging panel from 174 overall entries in the awards’ second year. Entries were evaluated based on a variety of factors, including concept, functionality, originality, sustainability and innovative features.
From the list of finalists, judges will determine the winners. The live Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards ceremony to reveal all winners will be held on Thursday, January 30, 2020 in the Four Seasons Ballroom at the Colorado Convention Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show is open to all Outdoor Retailer attendees. The finalists:
Company — Entry
- Allied Feather & Down — Optix iMirror by Allied Feather & Down powered by Nobal Technologies
- Appalachian Gear Company — All-Paca Fleece Hoodie
- Archer Components — D1x Trail Electronic Shifter
- Climate Neutral — Climate Neutral Certified
- Dahu Sports USA — Ecorce 01
- Ecco — DriTan
- Ghosts Apparel Studio — G13LJ-X8/SR 3-Layer Shell Jacket
- Great Outdoor Provision Co. — Retail
- Hans Global LLC — Seawool
- Hustle Bike Labs — REM Pedal System
- Ignik — Gas Growler
- LifeStraw — LifeStraw Max
- Mammut — Mammut Photics HS Thermo Bomber Jacket
- Mammut — Mammut Nordwand 6000 High GTX
- Morrison Outdoors — Little Mo 20° Baby Sleeping Bag
- MountainFLOW eco-wax — Plant-Based Ski Wax
- Mpowerd — Luci Core
- NEMO — Flyer Self-Inflating Baffled Air Pad
- Nite Ize — RunOff Waterproof Accessory Bag
- Oru Kayak — Inlet
- Polartec — Polartec Power Air
- PrimaLoft — PrimaLoft P.U.R.E. Manufacturing Technology
- RECCO — RECCO SAR Helicopter Detector
- Salomon — Salomon Recyclable Concept Shoe
- Seed Peoples Market — Retail
- Stasher, Inc. — Stasher Stand-Up
- The CrazyCap — CrazyCap
- The JP Outdoor Company — Co-Pilot Backpack and Baby Carrier
- Therm-a-Rest — Therm-a-Rest WingLock Valve
- Yakima Products Inc. — A new cargo box
Throughout Outdoor + Snow Show, all finalists will be on display in the Innovation Gallery on the show floor at the Colorado Convention Center.
Outdoor industry and event veteran Liz Ferrin is working with Outdoor Retailer once again to produce the awards. Ferrin has also facilitated the production of Outdoor Retailer’s Inspiration Awards and Sundance Film Festival activation, among other programs.