Nemo Equipment, Inc. disclosed that it has added six new employees with five of those filling new positions at its new headquarters in coastal New Hampshire. The new posts include: CFO, senior director of marketing, customer service manager, product coordinator, and vice president/chief product developer, Nemo Shield. The recently vacant senior sales director position has also been filled.
“Nemo has been fortunate to enjoy significant growth over the past six years and we are on track to increase by another 50-70 percent in 2012,” said Cam Brensinger, founder and president. “We hit an inflexion point in 2011 where it was time to bring in additional experienced senior management. Our goal is to keep the product, operational, and marketing components of our business accelerating at the same rate. We had begun to get ahead of ourselves, with the quality and innovation of our products outstripping our ability to get them on shelves and tell the complete story. We’re very proud of the new talent that’s joined Nemo. They’ve already affected some big and meaningful positive changes.”
Earlier this year, Nemo launched two new product lines; sleeping bags and a backcountry washing system. The HelioPressure Shower, which incorporates the company’s already proven AirSupported Technology, has introduced Nemo to new markets. Not only for backcountry showering, Helio is also well suited for vehicle-based activities, rinsing off post surf or canyoneering, and cleaning gear and pets after a great day on the trail. Coupled with its unique new sleeping bag designs, Nemo will now appeal to a broader customer base.
The new positions have been added and filled over the past seven months, increasing Nemo’s headcount by 26 percent to 19 people and six dogs. To accommodate the growth in people and product, NEMO re-located its headquarters to Dover, NH, where it was able to more than double its space.
- Chief Financial Officer, Tina Bourgeois comes to Nemo from Ibex Outdoor Clothing. With a degree in Managerial Accounting from Franklin Pierce University and an MBA in the works, when she’s not studying, she can be found hiking and trail running with her shadow, boxer-lab, Rosie.
- Senior Director of Sales, Brent Merriam has both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Dartmouth. He’s been in the outdoor industry for over 10 years, most recently at Novation North America/Kayland USA. An MBA is so close he can almost taste it. Once all the studying is done, he’ll be back on his bike, surf- and snowboard.
- Mike Sullivan, Vice President and Chief Product Developer, Nemo Shield, comes to Nemo with a
BS in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA. He’s worked for Fortune 500 defense companies and has served over 20 years as an officer in the US Army with several combat deployments and in Special Operations units. Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan will be supporting Shield, the company’s military and law enforcement program. When not at work, Mike can be found competing in triathlons and working down the list of NH 4,000 footers with his daughters.
- Senior Director of Marketing, Tiffany Teaford has directed brand and product management for leading outdoor companies for over 10 years, most recently having led Nalgene’s OEM hydration business. At lunchtime, a small number of Nemo staff dares to chase her while she runs the roads training to win her age category in the next local half marathon.
- Blake Fowler, Product Coordinator, also comes to Nemo after serving in the US Army as a Captain, with a tour in Afghanistan. Previously, Fowler was an operations program manager, responsible for creating and managing an explosives compliance program as well as tracking program for explosives use. At Nemo, he’ll be in charge of scheduling and tracking product development and streamlining product commercialization processes.
- Customer Service Manager Katrina Smith’s love for the outdoors was honed while at college in Downeast Maine studying Human Ecology, the relationships that people share with their environment. Her studies led her to remote islands off the coast of Maine and Washington, travels to Central America, and a whitewater canoeing tour of the East Coast. Katrina found a home at Nemo after working in customer relations in the outdoor retail industry.