Snowsports Merchandising Corp. (SMC), a buying group of specialty ski and snowboard shops in the winter sports industry, on Monday announced that Mountain Capital Partners has joined the group.
Mountain Capital Partners owns and manages a collection of ski resorts in Colorado, Arizona, Utah and New Mexico, plus Colorado’s largest snowcat skiing operation and Texas’ first ever lift serve mountain bike park, Spider Mountain. They do business as:
- Purgatory Resort, Durango, CO
- Arizona Snowbowl, Flagstaff, AZ
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort, Vadito, NM
- Nordic Valley Ski Resort, Eden, UT
- Pajarito Mountain Ski Area, Los Alamos, NM
- Hesperus Ski Area, Durango, CO
- Spider Mountain Bike Park, Burnet, TX
- Purgatory Snowcat Adventures, Durango, CO
MCP is committed to growing their community of outdoor enthusiasts by consistently and dramatically improving the offerings and experience at each of their resorts.
SMC is a buying group of 60 stockholder member businesses representing 134 storefronts nationwide. The member businesses primarily sell ski, snowboard and other snowsports-related equipment, apparel and accessories in specialty stores located throughout the United States.
“We’re extremely pleased to have Mountain Capital Partners in SMC,” said company President Tom Gately. “They join an impressive list of the finest specialty ski and snowboard shops in the U.S. We’re looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship.”