Lululemon has opened a 19,700-square-foot “experiential” store at Mall of America. Modeled after its store in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, the location includes studios for yoga and HIIT activities, a Fuel Bar and a gear trial program.
The location replaced a smaller location that opened in 2010.
According to a statement, the location will offer guests an elevated shopping experience, featuring the most comprehensive expression of product – across men’s and women’s run, train, yoga and on the move. The one-level location will have separate entrances for mall access and studio services.
Started at its Lincoln Park, Chicago location, Lululemon Mall of America will also offer its Gear Trial program, which allows guests to experience key styles the way its ambassadors do, by putting Lululemon products through their paces in its studios.
In addition to a weekly sweat schedule Lululemon said it will host the following events on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Each quarter will have a theme:
- The Dialogue: immersive panel discussion about pertinent topics in the community, centered around humble learning and bringing people together.
- The Gathering: thematic dinner series focused on bringing influential people to the table for a tipple, a meal, and conversation.
- The Frame: movie series, showcasing unique stories.
- The Resident: Rotating art work, displayed in the space and available for purchase.
- The Mic: Concert series, featuring an array of local artists.
- HTB series: Workshops and events highlighting our Here To Be partners. Here To be is our social impact program supporting non-for profits that make yoga and meditation accessible to all.
Lululemon wrote, “We believe what you get out is directly related to what you put in, in all aspects of life. Which is why lululemon Mall of America offers a Fuel Space with healthy options – from smoothies to protein boxes – for our guests to recharge.”
Lululemon Mall of America by the numbers:
- 19,700 SF on one level, two Entrances (retail + experiential)
- Studio – Equipped for yoga + HIIT activities + hosting large events. Men’s + Women’s locker rooms with premium showers and amenities
- Studio Services – Housing two extra tills, check-in for guests using Sweat/Grow space, storage area for gear trial program
- Fuel Bar – Serving coffee, smoothies, grab and go pastries/salads with counter and dining seating areas
- Grow Room – Open to public, and also a private rentable space for group connection/development/meditation
Photo courtesy Lululemon