Keen Inc. on Wednesday announced winners of its 2019 Critical Coastlines award, a new initiative of the Keen Effect Grant Program.
Now in its sixth year, the Keen Effect Grant Program awards a cumulative $100,000 to a varying number of nonprofits across the world to help further their organization’s mission, which directly aligns with Keen’s commitment to responsible outdoor participation and corporate social responsibility.
New this year, the Critical Coastlines Grant Program is funding community-based organizations working to improve the resilience of coastal areas in the face of ecosystems collapse, climate change, rising sea levels, ocean pollution, and natural disasters.
“This year, Keen is funding five amazing non-profit groups, each working on a different coastline with their own solutions to a local problem,” said Mark Steinbuck, Keen Effect grants and community specialist. “With Keen’s support, this new group of dedicated, grassroots partners can continue to focus their efforts on coastal conservation, economic sustainability, pollution cleanups, scientific research, and direct community involvement.”
The 2019 Keen Critical Coastlines grant recipients include:
- Indian Ocean Coastline | ActionAid India
- Western Pacific Coastline | Organization for Industrial, Spiritual and Cultural Advancement (OISCA) International
- Western Atlantic Coastline | Galveston Bay Foundation
- Eastern Pacific Coastline | Cedar Coast Field Station
- Eastern Atlantic Coastline | The Final Straw Solent