Jackson Kayak has partnered with the Mexico Tourism Board and the Tourism Department of the State of Veracruz to help foster the region's reputation as an adventure travel destination.
During a two-week period later this year, a team of Jackson Kayak's top paddlers, accompanied by expert adventure photographers and writers will travel to Veracruz to generate multimedia stories for marketing purposes for each of the partners to use. The kayak company will also help train and leave in place the boats and techniques to help adventure travel outfitters in whitewater, touring and kayak fishing enhance and grow their businesses.
Among other activities, the program will:
- Use Veracruz in imagery for print and web-based catalogs, as well as promotional and instructional videos;
- Thoroughly document adventures, cultures and landscapes of Veracruz. The resulting content would be utilized and repurposed in various ways;
- Offer Mexican outfitters, liveries and retailers an instructional day to field test Jackson Kayak products.
- Research, achieve, document and publicize first descents in Veracruz.
- Jointly detect potential kayak fishing outfitters to develop new kayak fishing tours
Jackson Kayak founder and president Eric “EJ” Jackson said he is honored to work with Mexico and Veracruz on such an innovative approach to tourism promotion.
Federal Secretary of Tourism Gloria Guevara hailed the partnership and its potential to boost adventure travel tourism in his country as well as showcase Mexico as being at the forefront of innovations in adventure travel.
“In Veracruz it is possible to practice almost all forms of of adventure tourism including whitewater rafting,” said Clara Remes Sánchez, Director of Adventure Travel, Secretary of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography for the State of Veracruz. “Our state boasts the largest number of rivers in Mexico and an important number of them are ideal for practicing kayaking. It is therefore fitting that Jackson Kayak should choose us to showcase its products. We look forward to having a successful partnership with them and thank the Mexico Tourism Board for endorsing this endeavor.”
A closer look at the partnership will be shared with ATTA World Summit attendees in an educational session entitled “Innovations in Adventure.”